gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 06, 2024, 01:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ok, so i have a new steed arriving tomorrow.. Pics added 8th HELP!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ok, so i have a new steed arriving tomorrow.. Pics added 8th HELP!!!  (Read 630 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
.. a Hutch trickstar 2 to be exact and i have no ideas for colours/finish.

I fancy something a bit different without getting silly so what would be your ideal finish.
I was wildly thinking of a renault blue metalflake this morning, please help before i do something silly  :-[  ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:01 PM by oldschoolace »
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Ok, so i have a new steed arriving tomorrow..
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:28 PM »
before i read the second line, i was thinking metal flake  ;D  cobolt blue metal flake and pink parts  >:D

cheers B  :D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 11:44 PM »
duck egg blue my favourite  :daumenhoch:

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:46 PM »
white  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Its arrived! Pics tonight when i get in  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 11:45 PM »
Right, just rolled in from the pub so forgive the pics. Well made up with my purchase, some nice parts i wasn't expecting. going to really enjoy this project.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: Ok, so i have a new steed arriving tomorrow.. Pics added 8th
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 11:47 PM »
Anyone know what those forks are?  :)

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 11:57 PM »
Looks like a nice autumn project dude  :daumenhoch: not sure on forks, reflex poss but what do i know keep us posted  :daumenhoch: just checked nope not reflex forks  ;) seat looks a bit mad tho on post ,lookin forward to this  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:14 AM by rick1970 »

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 07:58 AM »
Always remember an Action Bike feature on Eddie Keogh(? spelling) with him riding a metallic blue Trickstar and doing the raddest kickturn variations at the Aston banks ... the bike looked lush  :daumenhoch:

Blue  :smitten:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 10:23 AM »
Yup that is a sweet a55 frame set, what year was this produced?

sid1972

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 10:27 AM »
the forks look like torkers  :-\

Same sort of drop out  ;)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 10:40 AM »
the forks look like torkers  :-\

Same sort of drop out  ;)

as above or CW?

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Really need help with this guys. It has 2 serial numbers, both on the bb. The first is AH88040151 and the second begins with AH and ends with 1139. the middle section is obscured by a welded on cabled stop/guide  ???

I'm guessing its an 88 frame.

It looks like someone has cut the rear dropout slot to be around 30mm longer than stock and the dropouts themselves have a narrow extended piece which runs under the bottom chainstay and stops at the brake mounts. Like a ridge tile does on a roof but made of the same gauge steel as the dropouts. This all looks like one piece.

I have only found one other like it on bmxmuseum but the pic isnt clear enough to be sure  :-\

I was told this was a team riders bike, whether that's true or not i have no idea. Im hoping the serials can shed some light on it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:30 PM by oldschoolace »

Threaders

There is quite a few trickstar 2's on bmx museum, you have to search trickstar 2 or trickstar II and then you will find a few more :)

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
CW Forks I reckon but there are a few that look the same like Torker aswell as already said by others.

Year 1987/88 I think?

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Update,

it seems the double serials were common on the 88,s as they stamped the bb before they realised it would be covered by the cable adjuster  ::)

The extra piece under the chainstays is stil a mystery, its seems pretty well done but i suspect it was a later home made attempt to try and strengthen what was reported to be a weak spot with the design.

I have it in a CAP bath at the moment and will start a thread in the resto section soon for those who are interested.

Cheers for the input so far guys  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Didn't think they had AD mounts on them? Most of them that ever got ridden at all snapped on the rear chainstays as the design and finish wasn't great to be honest.....I kinda like em though. Used to come in sweet candy colours  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Didn't think they had AD mounts on them? Most of them that ever got ridden at all snapped on the rear chainstays as the design and finish wasn't great to be honest.....I kinda like em though. Used to come in sweet candy colours  :daumenhoch:

I've just been out to have a play in the paddling pool that is my CAP bath and i think i can make out a small repair on the left chainstay just where the dropout plate ends. It looks like there may also be one on one of the top tubes at the front end. This would certainly support the team rider theory as its obviously been used in anger  ;)

The repairs dont bother me as i bought it to retore and ride, besides which it was stupidly cheap considering it was off the bay.

About the candy colours, i like the idea of blue with maybe white and red custom decals. Maybe something like the anular rings on one of the E.T Kuwahara's could work?  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ok, so i have a new steed arriving tomorrow.. Pics added 8th HELP!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx