gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 06:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Whitehawk race bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whitehawk race bike  (Read 6058 times)

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
Whitehawk race bike
« on: August 21, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Heres my whitehawk, i've had this since i was 13, did all the south central races / britsh champs on it

the chrome is amazing on it, as well as the welding, all i've changed is the pads and tyres - the crazy chain is original!

my only original bike i kept, would never sell this beauty, still rides real nice

cheers rich

black rat

Re: Whitehawk race bike
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 08:28 PM »
 8)

Very nice !

daz bmx it!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Not many of those about? Looks the biz 8) excellent bike from bitd that not many people remember,well made and strong! Superb Rich!

retrogeezer

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 03:35 PM »
That does look lovely Rich, you must take it to Bournemouth.

I had the Whitehawk 20 inch trials style BMX frame but traded it recently.

S

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 03:50 PM »
nice bike, is it made by the same people who made the trials motor bike?

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 05:18 PM »
yeah its by the same guy - mick whitlock, he had a shop in Horndean, then went onto to work for hotwheels

its a shame the frame is an expert 17 1/2 inch top tube, when i ride it now my knees are well near the bars.

this one is number 31, i turned down a JMC black shadow for this frame! only about were 40 made if anyone hears of a pro frame for sale please let me know. I still have a set of blue stickers spare, although i'm gona get them copied as James Cristie also has a Whitehawk frame that needs stickers

cheers rich

oldmankev

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 06:24 PM »
I met James yesterday and he remembered me, asked about
Whitehawk, those decals are from the very early frames you
not got the newer ones they had the same font but were
clear without the white background ?

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 07:10 PM »
mick gave me all the stickers he had left when he closed the shop in horndean
i had about 10 sets of the stickers shown, in blue or red, only 1 set left now as the bike was either blue or red, i was always changing it

never had the clear ones - you got any pics?

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Rich, I don't know whether Dean (Dev on the old site) ever got in touch. He picked up a mini and I told him to drop you a line. Think he may also have ridden a WHitehawk back in the day.

dev

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Rich, I don't know whether Dean (Dev on the old site) ever got in touch. He picked up a mini and I told him to drop you a line. Think he may also have ridden a WHitehawk back in the day.
Dev on the new site! I have a 24" mini cruiser. The chrome is a bit rough in parts but its in pretty good nick. It has the blac/ red/ white stickers. the same as the ones on his motorbike frames. I was going to re-chrome it but the sticker problem put me off. If you do repo them let me know. I rode for Whitehawk motorbikes both the ty80 conversion and the ty175 thru the age groups. As i remeber Mick was a great bloke who was never out of a big white flat calp or fags. Is he still about? My kids are racing down at bpurnemouth this weekend in the National but i will stick the whitehawk in the van in case anyone wants to se it. Cheers Dean

jon016847

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Love it,  I don't remeber Whithawk, but it looks great,  powerlite powerbend bars, the best in my opinion, I also used to have them on my bike BITD !!!!

GOT ANY HISTORY ON THE COMPANY - 

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 03:15 PM »
Nice 1 dev
i'd like to see it, i'll bring mine to bournemouth too

i spoke to mick last year (hoping he would have a shed full of them!), yeah he's still a top bloke, he used to take me to races in his tiny rascal van, was always chatting up the bmx mums whilst flogging bmx stuff at the trackside

his shop was in Horndean near portsmouth and the local track he was involved in was  the South Cental track Petersfield, he wrote the newsletter

He's still building motorbike frames, said he was doing the mini moto bikes!

heres a couple of pics, this is jumping the doubles at farnham in the 13s, with 1 1/8th ukai wheels on it! check out the Pony trainers!

this was at derby in 1987 in the 14's, wearing JT body armour

dev

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Quality photo's, i think my brother raced 14 at derby in 87 bas well on a rickman! Heres a couple of photos of my whitehawk. Look forward to seeing your bike down at Bournemouth.

Stu uk Liverpool

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 08:50 PM »
you dont see many of them builds
they are class well done

stu

frdavid

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 09:17 PM »
very nice bike!!
i love the english framesets they are always different and so beautiful :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Whitehawk race bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx