gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975723 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie August 22, 2024, 08:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bully hotrod frame with some extra bits
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bully hotrod frame with some extra bits  (Read 806 times)

stevied

bully hotrod frame with some extra bits
« on: October 06, 2010, 09:15 PM »
i got this ages ago and stuck it in the cupboard, after venturing in the cupboard i found it again and thought id have a little look at it,
its taken a while to work out exactly what it is, but it seems to be a '89/'90ish frame and fork with some welded on extras. its had brake mounts welded front and back and has got some super reinforcing gussets welded on the front. i do like a nice survivor bike and i think this this has good life, it looks like its been ridden hard but fixed hard! all the extra welding seems pretty good and it looks like decent metal thats been used to weld it, so ive given it a clean and stuck some decals on its and this is the story so far

the super indestructable gusset

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: bully hotrod frame with some extra bits
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:25 AM »
bully should have made them with that gusset  ;D-remember my bully 2 dropping to bits  :(
think the fork lugs are original steve-sure sombody will be able to confirm this

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:50 AM »
cool frame with some nice provenance. Also loving that seat, it would be perfect to replace the one on my latest build that has gone a bit orangey

stevied

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:37 AM »
ive seen a couple on bmx museum that didnt have the brake lugs on the forks, and looking at the welding on them compared to the rest of the frame i reckon theyve been added on, however it doesnt have a hole in the forks to mount a normal caliper? confusing....

jaymz you got pm about a seat  :daumenhoch:

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:21 PM »
wasn't the bully hotrod a race frame? that would explain no brake hole in the forks.

sonic-1

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54 AM »
iv got a hotrod its a race frame so has no lugs on forks , dam thats some gussets on that !!!! they do ride nice
where did yer get the decals from ???

stevied

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 12:39 PM »
i made the decals up myself with sign vinyl, there not quite right but look better than nothing. im intrigued as to what it will ride like, gotta get it built to find out i suppose

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Cant believe you've got this up for sale now, I was looking forward to seeing this built up, like I said before the frame has an interesting history, shame xmas is around the corner, otherwise I wouldve. Snapped it up, I dont even think i've got anything to trade either

stevied

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 09:58 PM »
ive got a mid school gt pro freestyle tour im doing and i need the funds for bits for it, so somethings got to go unfortunately  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bully hotrod frame with some extra bits

gfxgfx
gfx gfx