gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What does flexy mean in flexy quadangle??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What does flexy mean in flexy quadangle??  (Read 1576 times)

sam hudson

What does flexy mean in flexy quadangle??
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:09 PM »
 :idiot2:

Ok , I realise that I am probably being very stupid here but I took my 09 Quad looptail to the track today for the first time and I struggled to keep it straight and level when jumping. I am a bit sketchy on my other bike (06 Ripper) but I was quite surprised at how difficult i was finding it to control compared to my Ripper. After a while I was bob on and jumping and manualling everything as well as I usually do. Is this down to getting used to a new bike or is it the flexy nature of quads that I have been told about? It felt really solid.

Also, surprisingly all the local kids loved the quad - twenty 'can I have a go mate' s later, I got my bike back. Good kids in Chester.

I also tried a bike with 28/9 gearing which was amazing...terrible to get going but flew like a bloody rocket after a couple of crank turns - that was an eye opener  :shocked: There is me pedalling like a demented hampster with 44/16 and wondering why all these kids were effortlessly peddling around and clearing every jump.  ;D ;D  :Aresehole:

Flemdog

Re: What does flexy mean in flexy quadangle??
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 10:40 PM »
Chester's a pump track buddy..., roll in and jump everything kinda track... (0;  :angel:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:48 PM »
 Retro loopy Quads feel (to me anyway) that they have a spring in the front end,tubing isn`t thick enough IMO.They do look good & always attract plenty of attention. :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:43 AM »
i got excellant advice to bin the retro quad and get a U.S ally one, a million times better looking and much stiffer.....

this is the retro quad that had to go....

I'm fookin quad mad.... :idiot2:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:03 AM »
28/9 is a little  bit too hard to get of the gate quick though , ,,the other riders will be getting away quicker, as you're getting  going  :-\

I heard Sutty tried a micro gearing too , a couple of season ago and kept snapping chains  :-\

I heard the 24" retro Quad 's were flexy but not heard owt about the 20"'s  ???

Don't matter if your not racing one I expect ,,,,perfect looking bike for cruising round on  :coolsmiley:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:42 AM »
dead easy way to find out if its flexy, get off the bike, lean the bike over about 45 degree's and stand wit your body weight on one of the pedals as its pointing down and see how much the frame twists....
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 10:02 AM »
 ???

:daumenhoch: You learn something new every day  :)

I'll be obsessed with doing that to all my bikes now  :D

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:39 AM »
dead easy way to find out if its flexy, get off the bike, lean the bike over about 45 degree's and stand wit your body weight on one of the pedals as its pointing down and see how much the frame twists....

Wheels will flex way more than the frame i would have thought...  ???

sam hudson

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 12:38 PM »
I didn't flex too much when I fell off on the first lap! Hurt then and hurts today  :D

Thanks all, I guess its just down to me being unfamiliar with the bike and a bit sketchy. Will try the 45 degree test later and let you know. Off to hobble down the road with the dogs for a 'walk' now...when did I get old?? ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What does flexy mean in flexy quadangle??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx