gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  more bloody questions !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: more bloody questions !  (Read 890 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
more bloody questions !
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:47 PM »
sprockets - still building up my ride (slowly  ::)) been looking at them and a quick question - are the middles all 22mm and then if your crank spindal is smaller, then it will be 19mm ? and then it will be the same with mid BB's

using power bites - so they are 22mm right ?

and i take it if the rear wheel is a 9t then it's a 25t spocket and if it's a 10t then it's a 28t - for a even ride ?

can any one recomend a light rear wheel for a good price ?

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: more bloody questions !
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:02 PM »
pretty much all sprockets are 22mm and come with a top hat washer to fit 19mm axles

powerbites are 22mm, with a mid bb u need a 19mm or 22mm mid bb u cant use a 19mm axle in a 22mm bb and obviously visa versa

25t-9t and 28t-10t is correct and gives the same gearing as 44-16

as for a rear wheel are u looking for new or 2nd hand?

ive got a odyssey hazzard lite rim built into a hazzard cassette hub with a 10 tooth driver for £50 posted, chrome has usual flake but rim is nice and straight

as for new you cant go wrong with a primo 7 series rim for round £55 they weigh around 444grams have it built into a proper rear hub with primo spokes and you got a strong light rear wheel for around £170

scott250

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:34 PM »
I always thought profile would make the best cassette hubs, but I have had loads of grief with my profile ss one + profile in UK.  They took about 6 weeks to fix it the first time it broke(after about 1 month riding it - mostly at the park and race track), then about 3 months to sort it the second time it went(about 2 months after it was fixed).  The springs a paws looked like they had been crushed in a vice.  Now i'm not a mad rider but I'm a fairly smooth rider so I was shocked it nacked up so easy.  I hear the profile mini ones are OK, but I'm not such a fan of profile now.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:57 AM »
can't go wrong with an odyssey wheelset tbh. i use them religously.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:52 PM »
it's so confussing  :-\ as the rest of the parts, i know what i want and how it's gonna look - but the back wheel ? i'm not up to date which one to go for - and what i should be paying for it ? needs to be light / black / 9t or 10t - it's not going to be ridden that hard with flair to peg stall  :2funny: but at the same time nothing to bad that it doesn't match the rest of the bike in parts ? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!  :uglystupid2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:22 PM »
 you cant go wrong with a primo 7 series rim for round £55 they weigh around 444grams have it built into a proper rear hub with primo spokes and you got a strong light rear wheel for around £170

see stodgy in the rad shop for one :daumenhoch:

thats what i run on my yellow dirtbike in my sig, its now 6 months old and all ive had to do is retension the spokes it hasnt buckeled once and im no light rider (in style or body mass :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:24 PM by kev s »

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 07:37 PM »
that's for the info kev mate  ;)

just for asking what would be the next couple of prices/builds/makes down from that one ?

cheers B  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  more bloody questions !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx