gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 03:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Your help needed!!!!!!!!!!! (Nott'm track)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your help needed!!!!!!!!!!! (Nott'm track)  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Your help needed!!!!!!!!!!! (Nott'm track)
« on: March 20, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Thanks for reading this,
As a lot of you may know the BMX track in Bulwell Nottingham is very well known by Oldschoolers and at some point I think everyone must have rode there, Its been home to Geth Shooter,Dale and Rachel Holmes, The Bunneys GT team, Will Clay,Mark Cracknell, Ian Dixon  ect.....
Over the last two weeks they have been doing major work to the track.
NOW this is where YOUR help is needed, I am hoping to run an old school reunion meeting there in summer but we need help to finish the track work before I can even think about organising anything.
This weekend coming we are hoping to have a big push on with the work and should finish it IF we get enough help?
so please if anyone can give them a hand there please please go along and pick up a shovel/rake or wheelbarrow
Your help will be much appreciated and needed
Many thanks in advance
 :) DINGO :)

silentpartner

Re: Your help needed!!!!!!!!!!! (Nott'm track)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:00 PM »
i think everyone's going to harworth to do track work. sorry i'm not around either way. hope you get your help. try the freeriders website, their notts/derby based and may help out. good luck mate.  :daumenhoch:

alan  ;)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 07:18 AM »
If it is the case that everyone is going to Harworth and no one has helped Phil at Nottingham in the last two weeks then BMX aint what it used to be!!!
It makes me spit blood the way people dont want to put anything back into this sport  :tickedoff:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Hey dingo, don't forget its mothers day Sunday.

maybe a different weekend would suit better?

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Myself & Miles (Flying Fox) were at Bulwell yesterday to lend a hand , it's lookin' real good so far  :daumenhoch: .

Great to eventually meet Dingo , also Andy (Funmonster & Mrs Funmonster) & Nick (blindstuntman)  :daumenhoch: .

Come on you guys in the Midlands ? (we came from the South ) , you're all gonna want to ride this when it's done because it'll be a cool track .

Get off yer arses & give the guys a hand , it'll be worth it big time .

Here's a few pics of 1st straight , 1st corner & 2nd straight from yesterday .

Give these guys a hand , next Saturday & Sunday  :daumenhoch:

Matt

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 06:17 PM »
It was a good day.. my back is complaining today tho ;D
 I will be there next week too if we are on for another shovelling session :daumenhoch:

phil_GB

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Well, Saturday was great, we made loads of progress. Sunday was a real let-down, not many people turned up. I guess Mother's day had a lot to do with it. We still accomplished a fair amount and now, most of the completed sections are joined up, albeit not perfectly yet. I'd really like to get the track finished this weekend, especially because I can't get to the track at all the following weekend. If I say so myself, this track is looking fantastic. I think there's something here for everyone. So I reckon everyone should be getting on down to Bulwell to lend a hand. If enough of us can hit the track this weekend we can get it finished. I can't wait to see someone ride the whole track. I also can't wait to see someone jump the big step-up/double. So come on......come and lend a hand. 

PS - thanks to everyone who's turned up so far. We couldn't have done what we have without you.

PPS - the usual arrangement is that lunch is provided.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Hey Phil ,

it was good to meet you on Saturday  :daumenhoch:

I'm a little surprised some of the midlands guys are'nt posting support on here , don't Jon Western , Glov , Silentpartner & mates come from the midlands ?.

I'm sure they'll want to ride it when it's done  ??? , give something back guys  ;)

Matt

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 06:58 PM »
It was great to meet everyone on Saturday and bring the track on some more,
I went up there today and even though it was pouring rain there was only a couple of puddles so its gonna be rideable all weathers.
I dont know if I can get my pass stamped this weekend but urge everyone who can make it to go along and help
Its gonna be WELL worth the effort when its all done, fast and flowing and fun too  :daumenhoch:

missfitsat101

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 07:45 PM »
hey that looks well cool  think a road trip may be in order  with a spade  :daumenhoch:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 07:50 PM »
The drop after that step up, down into that sweeping right hander looks evil... i pitty the poor bugger that catches too much air off of that and overshoots the landing :o

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 08:18 PM »
Missfitsat101 = another helper , Cool  :daumenhoch: (take some mates also) .

A spade is a good idea , Dingo seems to break 'em real easy  :2funny:

Soon they'll have none left  ::)

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 08:27 PM »
Looks like you've been hard at work.

Its unfortunate that I don't spend most of my weekends up there any longer!

If I can steal out for an hour or two this comming weekend I will pop along.

Flying_fox

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Seriously you should all check that place out. Its going to be one of best regional track in the land. Rad as ken as they say up that way. :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

The tripple step up thingy on the third straight (that matt hasn't taken a picture of) looks like monster, that has an even bigger landing to miss as you dive face first in to the berm, lol.

I'll be making many many more trips a few junctions up the M1 to ride that baby in the summer.

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 10:21 PM »
 looks sweet keep up the good work :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

phil_GB

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 08:38 PM »
There were only three people today, doing what we could to the last straight. Please could some of you consider coming over to help tomorrow. I have 6 whacker plates ready to roll but no-one to push 'em. If you're thinking of coming over, please could you let me know, so I can give the ladies cooking dinner an idea how many to cater for.
Thanks,
Phil
PS - there won't be much chance to get anything done next week because we have a club trip to Derby planned on Sunday, and I have a wedding to go to on Saturday.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 08:43 PM »
Who was there Phil ?

phil_GB

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 09:31 PM »
There was me, Kes from the club, and a guy from Doncaster who came the other week, I'm embarressed to say I'm not sure of his name - but I think it was Andy.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 09:39 PM »
There was me, Kes from the club, and a guy from Doncaster who came the other week, I'm embarressed to say I'm not sure of his name - but I think it was Andy.

Yeah that's Andy (Funmonster) , I hope you get more help tomorrow . If I did'nt live so far away I'd be there much more often , what surprises me is guys who live in the Midlands who don't turn up . They'll all want to ride it when it's done  :tickedoff: .

Matt

P.S. Is'nt Kes a bird ?  :LolLolLolLol:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Heres are some piccys to help encourage people along.... All the main digging is done(thanks to these amazing guys) You all just have to look busy ;D  But please Turn Up if you can..... Many hands make light work and all that :daumenhoch:
here is the eye candy:

Start Gate:

First Berm:

The naughty step up:

The reason Why the step up is naughty:

The reason why the step up is actually naightier than i made out(I've nicknamed it Devils Drop):

A nice overview of the mid and lower sections:

Looking down the last straight from the 180 berm:

First part of the tricky last straight:

The run/limp in to the flag:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Nice pics Andy, cheers for that.
I am gutted I cannot help more than I have but family commitments mean I havent been able to get down this weekend >:(
anyone gonna be there in the evenings Phil as I am fee a couple of nights this week

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Nice pics Andy, cheers for that.
I am gutted I cannot help more than I have but family commitments mean I havent been able to get down this weekend >:(
anyone gonna be there in the evenings Phil as I am fee a couple of nights this week

Dingo ,

How much you charging ? , your  fee ?  :LolLolLolLol:

phil_GB

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 06:42 AM »
unfortunately I can't make it evenings this week, just started a new job. Maybe next week once I learn how best to bunk off early. It would probably be next Thursday if it's possible at all. I'll let y'all know.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Your help needed!!!!!!!!!!! (Nott'm track)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx