gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975655 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 08, 2024, 07:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  DIALLED MIKE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DIALLED MIKE  (Read 1779 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
DIALLED MIKE
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:41 PM »
please get in touch when you can mate... I have a bottom bracket problem. [oo-er, before anyone else says it...]

dialledbikes

Re: DIALLED MIKE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:44 PM »
Steve, just replied to your e-mail.  Don't worry mate.  BB will be fine.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 04:16 PM »
I had an issue with mine at first. Ruined my BB cup putting it in. But once I'd re cut the threads in the BB shell a few times the replacement went in fine. :-\

chippy

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 04:50 PM »
no problems with mine at all  :daumenhoch:

DONNY R

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Lets see yours mark  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Like with all steel frame Euro BBs, the steel threads in the frame are stronger than the alloy BB cup threads so you have to be careful not to chew up the BB cups.  If there's any resistance, don't force it.  Un-install and check both sets of threads are clear from debris.  If in doubt, get the threads in the frame "chased" as sometimes post production/packaging debris can get in there and snag a little.  It always helps to get the frame faced and chased before building if you can anyway, though not always essential.  Just good practice.

Sent over 30 of these new frames out last week so would be interested to know who other than Steve and Zippy have had BB issues.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 06:51 PM »
guys its fairly normal that this happens   im pretty careful on my stuff and its happened 3 times with me.

bof

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 06:56 PM »
All frames should be chased and faced, particularly before fitting a hollowtech external bearing BB , if you are unsure take it to your local friendly bike shop and ask them to do it for you . It will pay dividends in the long run I can asssure you. :daumenhoch:

keep it lit!

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 07:08 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wisdom right there  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 08:03 PM »
Had James's powdercoated frame faced in a local bike shop and it cost a tenner.  The other two stock frames weren't a problem though I ran a wire brush (suede brush type) round them before assembly.  Humps

chippy

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Jason if you wanna see my dialled you'll have to look on the "i ride a dialled bike" facebook page as i haven't a clue how to get photos onto rad mate

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 07:22 AM »
i haven't a clue how to get photos onto rad mate
Here you go Mark,  Another classic Dialled with just a hint of Chippy's infamous green!!:

Humps

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 07:39 AM »
I chase the bb, seat tube and headset on all my frames before building as a matter of course.

it does look brutal when you do it though

loving these Dialled cruiser frames  :smitten: and just trying to work out how to fund one

:) DINGO :)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 02:33 PM »
just wanted to say that Mike is a superb guy, and I didnt want this thread to be in any way putting down what mike does and his amazing products. It was just my utter stupidity and lack of knowledge of euro bb's that led me to being a dunce in the installation of my cranks - anyway, mike is sorting my threads and all is well- its such a stunning frame, I cant wait to build it!
Cheers! steve

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 02:46 PM »
My next bike is a Dialed. Full Stop.  :daumenhoch:

At the risk of sounding a nunce, what is "chased and traced anyway"?  :uglystupid2:

bof

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 04:04 PM »
My next bike is a Dialed. Full Stop.  :daumenhoch:

At the risk of sounding a nunce, what is "chased and traced anyway"?  :uglystupid2:
Its chased and faced , if you look in dingos pictures thats exactly what those tools are doing , chasing/cleaning out the threads and facing is making sure the ends of the BB are exactly square to the threads inside the shell. :daumenhoch:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 04:06 PM »
  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  DIALLED MIKE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx