gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975723 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie August 21, 2024, 02:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bad news---my knee
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bad news---my knee  (Read 5831 times)

mr.magoo

Re: Bad news---my knee
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2009, 04:55 AM »
yeah i know its not gonna be great, i try not to ask too many questions, then if i don't get the answers i didn't wanna hear its easier to remain possitive :daumenhoch:

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2009, 01:17 PM »
thats true

but look at the pro soccer players whit this injury
lot of them start to early whit playing soccer 
the risk is if you start to early  you will destroy your knee permanantly

i started biking after 7 months, all whas going ok ,but i had the feeling it whas to early

i gained up more power in the leg  and at 10 months i whas practicing once a week for 1,5 hours

its a nasty injury whit a fooking long recovery time

i took a year for it  and every week that it whas shorter i was happy

mr.magoo

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2009, 04:19 PM »
Dannyd, you put a hex on me, just had pre op and been given the rehab programme, sport fitness training to rebuild strength and muscle 12 months after op :'(

and they say i can't drive or work for six weeks.......yeah right, they ever tried living with out sick pay...one week.work will resume :2funny:

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2009, 08:45 PM »
i know it comes down hard on you mate.

when i ripped mine i walked fine again in 2 weeks and whas back in racin in 3 months

after surgery i walked 4 week whit cruches  :angrysoapbox: :idiot2: imagine that  after 3months i started whit a little jogging

well a few more weeks for you , all i can say is workout hard: and dont let your head down

mr.magoo

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2009, 12:08 AM »
have had a "quiet" word with physio, says because of any cases where they give bad advise and legal implications (getting sued), they have to give a worse case scenario to all, but says that i should be fine to work after two/three weeks, and its not impossible that i could be riding again with-in three months, but as you say that is depending on my recovery and how hard i work.....5 years then i guess :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bad news---my knee

gfxgfx
gfx gfx