gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 09:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Locking out the For Sale section
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Locking out the For Sale section  (Read 612 times)

snav69

Locking out the For Sale section
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:34 PM »
So that only site supporters can view it  :-\
I see it all the time where people have logged their interest in the threads for parts only to be told that the item has gone  >:( more than likely to someone thats not a site suppoorter  :tickedoff: i have not had it done to myself but see it happening all the time and to alot of long standing members and i feel their frustration  >:(
Just an idea guys so please don't go kicking me in the b*lls  :LolLolLolLol:

Paul  :coolsmiley:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Locking out the For Sale section
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:01 PM »
i think i had that happen to me yesterday in one of the bald blokes for sales

rhino_mac

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:39 PM »
Great idea - nothing more annoying than missing something that says post in thread but the guy has been PM'd by someone without a tag and the item has been sold.

It's only a tenner for Gods sake!!

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:43 PM »
i think i had that happen to me yesterday in one of the bald blokes for sales

yeh i know i forgot to check, but yes i agree its a good idea

martylaa

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:47 PM »
yeah thats fair just tried to get something today only to be told its sold to someone else and it was'nt one of the 2 site supporters who had posted their interest in the thread, very good idea lets do it radbosses

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:05 PM »
100%

And while they are at it. Post then PM across the board. Would stop all the bad feeling and thread rants following it... happens on a daily basis here.
If you missed posting a reply by a minute and missed the item you had been searching for for 2 years then fair play tough luck, but to post then be told its sold is pretty poor going in my opinion.

martylaa

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 06:30 PM »
100%

And while they are at it. Post then PM across the board. Would stop all the bad feeling and thread rants following it... happens on a daily basis here.
If you missed posting a reply by a minute and missed the item you had been searching for for 2 years then fair play tough luck, but to post then be told its sold is pretty poor going in my opinion.
yep spot on lets hope one of the mods reads this soon ( would make for a fairer for sale section )

moley

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 06:59 PM »
We've had this discussion before!!

Post first and then PM etc, etc.

What if the item doesn't sell.

The seller then can't sell his wares to other RAD members without a Site tag therefore losing a sale and then is forced to go to ebay.

Then the seller might not want to buy a site tag due a reduced audience.

People should just have a better Sales ettiquette.    Post first and then they've dib dobbed it.

But then again............you get the odd shufflemunsterer trying to haggle when they've Posted first!!

In real life, its every man for himself and some sellers show favoritism.

Shit happens!!

I'm in favour of it but I dont think some of the sellers would be!!  ???

JT71

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 09:39 PM »
i'm guessing it;s impossible to make it so only site supporters can start threads but none site supporters can reply?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Locking out the For Sale section

gfxgfx
gfx gfx