gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40+ at Bournemouth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 40+ at Bournemouth  (Read 2941 times)

Twatty

Re: 40+ at Bournemouth
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I hope to be there. Just about to go to Andover for their first club race to check the hand injury out. Still hurt when I went out and done 45 miles on the road bike today, (mind you some roads are bumpier than BMX Tracks).

dialledbikes

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 04:07 PM »
8 definites/regulars so far (Jon, Keith, Phil, Kev, Lee H, Roonga, Matt & Me), plus any others who turn up (e.g. Tony Slater, Mark & Ady from Groove, Mark Harrop, Gary Gray).

oh! so that means im coming then mike.....see ya there then :2funny:

I knew you'd be there Phil.  One of the few ever presents this season and still in with a shout at Regional No.4  :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 07:44 PM »
I hope to be there. Just about to go to Andover for their first club race to check the hand injury out. Still hurt when I went out and done 45 miles on the road bike today, (mind you some roads are bumpier than BMX Tracks).

Come on Matt its only pain, grit your teeth!!!  >:D

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 08:04 PM »
Good luck everyone, may the best man/men win  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

spillers#1

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Same here good luck guys  :daumenhoch: might end up being a 40+ old skool gate at mk anyway  ;D what with me,bill,bof,russ and whoever else at mk who's been riding cruiser  :daumenhoch:

Twatty

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Hey Keith, its not the pain I was worried about, but the ability to hold onto the bike. Anyway, its was fine for jumpin the first strait, but no good for manuals down the 3rd, (andover)... Mind you a 2 more days of healing shoud be fine. Look forward to seeing you all agian. May be camping over Sat night as well, for Saturday fun, and eveing beer with fast lane.....
Matt.

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 01:15 AM »
Thanks for your good wishes chaps. So gutted im not going to be there this sunday. Im on stronger pain killers now, cant drive even if i wanted to come and watch. worse of all i cant even have a drink on my Birthday  >:(.
 Its been a really good close contest this year with the placings changing every meeting, glad i could be part of it. Hope you all have a good race meeting sunday and see you all soon.

Darren

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 09:33 PM »
So how did you guy's get on today.

I heard Rooonga had another crash :(

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Who raced today?

Twatty

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 06:19 AM »
Darren. Kev did not race as ill, but was there unhappily watching. The unofficial order I think will be.

1. Jon
2. Keith
3. Phil
4. Me
5. Lee H
6. Mike
7. Roonga

BAsically means no chnages in position as I see it, in the top 8 but I think Lee has pinched 9th on the last race of the season.

Good day, but shame about only 7 riders....

Rooonga

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 10:53 AM »
BAsically means no chnages in position as I see it, in the top 8 but I think Lee has pinched 9th on the last race of the season.
We will have to wait and see!!

If he did pip me to that position, it will by the tiniest of margins.

Can't wait for the results to go up.

edit - had a look, and think Lee might have done it now.

how gutted am I? Kept relatively injury free all season (Other than being taken down at Andover) to come off twice at Bournemouth, then get over taken in the points too.

DOH!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 03:54 PM by Rooonga »

halfords turbo

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 12:33 PM »
Hay MR Wilson you got wings!!!

Hope enjoyed the CD...

dave

kdubbmx

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 03:58 PM »
I love you Dave!  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Great pic Halfords Turbo!  Keith stealing a wheel to the first jump in a Relentless Dialled Bikes sandwich  :daumenhoch:

Really enjoyed Bournemouth track.  Some big jumps but not that scary to try jumping.  Bill Stupp would've loved it!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:20 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

Rooonga

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Points are all up now!!

I ended up with 10th overall - so gotta be happy with that after all the cr@p I've had over the last 3 years.

dialledbikes

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Nice one Paul.  Considering the injuries you've had over recent years I'd say to finish a full season and get a top 10 regional ranking in a stacked class is a major achievement  :daumenhoch:

I don't want this regional season to end, it's been so much fun.

But with the riders moving up next season we should have semi finals at every round, so that's something to look forward to.

Rooonga

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Yeh - next year's gonna be mad!

Really looking forward to it!

We also got the brits coming up - so us BMX South boys gotta get it on big time to show these other regions how it's done! LOL!

Wonder how many 40+ there'll be at the brits? Should deffo be the biggest turn out for any race I've been in...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40+ at Bournemouth

gfxgfx
gfx gfx