gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 06, 2024, 09:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What`s the "next big thing " in BMX?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What`s the "next big thing " in BMX?  (Read 3096 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: What`s the "next big thing " in BMX?
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 10:36 PM »
i'm not saying they're not.....i just don't class them as.......i just think of them as a single speed 24" MTB, i know its wrong but it's just how i see them.   :idiot2:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 10:39 PM »
am i wrong in my thinking that a 24" cruiser doesn't really count as a BMX?   ???

looks cool as though  :daumenhoch:

How very dare you :

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I know they are but i just find it hard to take them serious as a BMX....they however things of beauty and you guys rock on them though  :daumenhoch:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41 PM »
wow billy is that a set of doubles or a triple ya clearing there

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 10:44 PM »
wow billy is that a set of doubles or a triple ya clearing there

Thats just a small set of doubles Rhys, there`s a lot bigger jumps on that track (Andover) and some much bigger ones on the National tracks up North  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 11:25 PM »
that pics the nuts bill, aint seen that pic before :coolsmiley:  very kool :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

SaMAlex

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 11:24 AM »
trials bikes have a continuous freewheel because when they are hopping around on the rear wheel and about to release the brake/put all your weight on the pedal for a gap the last thing you want is to find you chain has come off . so the clicking lets you know your ready to go . it also keeps the weight in the centre of the bike so makes it easier to throw around
I dont get what you are saying here. Freewheeling is freewheeling, no matter if its on the front or the rear sprocket? Do you mean they can hear it better cos its closer to them? I dont understand  :crazy2:

maybe someone will give a fixed chainstay and eccentric bottombracket a go
Yeah, that would be a great idea for todays bikes. Its been done a few times on BMX's (for verious prototype bikes) but it was always using a euro BB or had a massive shell. You could probably to a nice one with a spanish or Mid BB

ooh , fluted tubed forks and ive always had a press in alloy steerer tube in the back of my mind
The Pitchfork XLT has an ally "X" extrusion pressed up the steerer tube.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 02:56 PM »
that pics the nuts bill, aint seen that pic before :coolsmiley:  very kool :daumenhoch:

Thats because you don`t venture into the racing section Dan  ::)

perry

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 05:50 PM »
beauty of a pic that  8)

alex - im in no way entirely clued up on trials but a few mates that have given it a go liked them as they know the chain is fine as its moving . but with the freewheel in the rear it could click without the chain being on the tooth . if you picture a normal rear freewheel that had just got a loose chain from hopping around the slack at the bottom might not engage with the teeth when the bike moves or is pedaled but htees no way of knowing unless yo had a looksie . with it on the cranks if it was slack any movement would have the chain off before any more hopping about happened . or something like that  :-\

i stole this from wikipedia "Front freewheels can currently be found on bikes used for bike trials riding. Putting the freewheel on the crank allows some weight to be taken off the rear hub, centering the weight of the bike a little more, making it easier to lift the back wheel as well as simplifying the rear hub, allowing the bearings to sit as far outboard as possible, reducing bending on the hub axle. Because bikes with this set up are almost always singlespeed none of the gear shifting issues that arose in geared systems are problems with this arrangement. The reason for the adoption of front freewheels is likely to be due to the availability of extremely strong screw-on BMX freewheels before the advent of specific components for trials bikes. In fitting the freewheel to the cranks rather than to the back hub a smaller chainring size was possible at the cranks with a gear ratio suitable for trials, increasing the ground clearance of the bike. BMX freewheels could also carry more torque and were cheaper than mountain bike designed systems at the time front freewheels were introduced."

id like to see an eccentric bottom bracket in us size with mid bearings in offset cups , not too big , a thin us shell wouldnt weigh to much , cups and bearings would press in fine and it would give enough tension without upsetting the bb height . but its at the rear where it would really benefit as it could do away with plate dropouts and have the chain/seat stays meeting in a small tube large enough to put a socket into . but that closed method would negate a gsport type bolt in hub but theres no reason why a neat alloy clamp couldnt be made to bolt in a normal axle ( kinda like big dh bikes are using )

sure it would lose the adjustable chainstay length and the chain would have to be removed with a tool or split link but there wouldnt be any more miss aligned wheels and it would create a stronger structure . not to mention no longer having the wheel pushed around by missing grinds

i mean an entirely alloy steerer pressed in from beneath so it wouldnt part . but its one of those ideas thats not really a good idea  ;D

BOBLAMBO

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2008, 09:37 PM »
carbon frames,forks,bars,pedals,rims,crank arms

PK RETRO

« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 11:04 PM »

How about a Mp3 stem and a chordless helmet / headphones  :D

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 12:42 AM »
NOT having your jeans halfway down over your arse and your under crackers on show!!! ::)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 11:18 AM »
http://futurebikeco.com/

Now this is fresh  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

moley

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Are they the only company to offer 22" bikes?  ???

dibly

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008, 11:40 AM »

Toys 'r' us do 22" bikes but they are not the quite the same quality  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 11:43 AM »

Toys 'r' us do 22" bikes but they are not the quite the same quality  :LolLolLolLol:

and they come in lovely bright colours and have disc brakes and everything!!   :crazy2:   :LolLolLolLol:

stunter

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 07:37 PM »
I spotted the 22inch bike on Mike Pardon's website  http://www.actionsportscoaching.blogspot.com/

Lazarou

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Heterosexuality?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What`s the "next big thing " in BMX?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx