gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 12, 2024, 11:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Summer series last night.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bournemouth Summer series last night.  (Read 1261 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Bournemouth Summer series last night.
« on: June 26, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Bournemouth have been running a Summer series of which my son has been taking part in.

I know a lot of you won't be that interested but last night he made the B final and won it. He got a huge trophy for it, bigger than any i ever won back in the 80's.
He's chuffed to bit 's with it and it's now sitting proud on his window seal revealing itself to everybody that wanders past. :LolLolLolLol:

We'll carry on riding the summer series this year and hopefully progress to regionals next year if he stays interested in it.

He doesn't seem to follow in his old mans steps though as i seem to spend most of my track time rolling around on the floor.  :2funny:

This was only his second race ever.  Just seeing his beaming smile made it all worthwhile.

This is him nearest the camera in one of his moto's.

This was of some guy called Lewis Lacey, kin ell, this guy is awsome, amazing power and speed, already out in front after the first doubles. I think it's John Moore on his new Dialled in second.  Obviously these two guys were playing last night, but it was great to watch.

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

dialledbikes

Re: Bournemouth Summer series last night.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Nice one Andy.  The boy must be buzzing after winning that trophy  :daumenhoch:

Lewis Lacey is an awesome rider to watch (seeing him clock the fastest lap at Herne Bay was great to watch - he makes it look so easy).  I reckon it will be either Liam Phillips, Lewis or Dan Whyte who represents GB at London 2012.  Its hard to believe that hes still only 18 or 19.

How was Jon getting on with his new bike?

The re-vamped track is looking good - but I always enjoyed racing at Bournemouth anyway.

wolfybmx

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:10 PM »
HE WILL GET EVEN BETTER WITH HIS DAD BEHIND HIM GIVING HIM ENCOURAGEMENT. WELL DONE :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:18 PM »
wish i knew it was on mate  i would have come over for a chat , hes doing well andy, the track looks good , love it in the evenings on hot days  :4_17_5:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 06:33 PM »
wish i knew it was on mate  i would have come over for a chat , hes doing well andy, the track looks good , love it in the evenings on hot days  :4_17_5:

I'll let you know next time Zed. 16th July i think. :daumenhoch:

Nice one Andy.  The boy must be buzzing after winning that trophy  :daumenhoch:

Lewis Lacey is an awesome rider to watch (seeing him clock the fastest lap at Herne Bay was great to watch - he makes it look so easy).  I reckon it will be either Liam Phillips, Lewis or Dan Whyte who represents GB at London 2012.  Its hard to believe that hes still only 18 or 19.

How was Jon getting on with his new bike?

The re-vamped track is looking good - but I always enjoyed racing at Bournemouth anyway.

Hi Mike,

John had a chainring problem last night, he sheared one of the bolts off earlier in the evening and had to rig a makeshift one up. Still a very quick rider though and will get better on his Dialled once he is a lot more used to it.
Brown frame though ?????????? looks like that that Relentless drink.

Reece is still buzzing today mate, keeps telling me his trophy is bigger than mine, i have to keep telling him that i have more than him though. :LolLolLolLol:

Lewis Lacey is soooooooooooooo fast.
On one of his moto's last night he wasn't allowed to pedal in it at all. He zigg zagged out of the start gate and just picked up speed from there, used all the berms and jumps to his advantage. Caught everyone by the third straight and had passed them all by the last. He never pedald once. Had to be seen to be believed Mike.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Well done to your little one, second race and pulls a 1st place in the B final :daumenhoch:

Keep up the good work young man :)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:53 PM »
Well done to your lad Andy, ahh i remember after school racing.... remember bournemouth track too, but not as nice as that!!
Sounds like he has some natural talent, give him a big-up. Well done.

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 08:43 AM »
cheers nady just pm me if you can, ill try and pop over  :daumenhoch:

paul

oldmankev

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:47 AM »
You healed up from your accident then Andy? When we going
to see father and son in action at the regionals.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 01:02 PM »
You healed up from your accident then Andy? When we going
to see father and son in action at the regionals.

Don't know to be honest Kev, my missus say's i can't be trusted on a bike mate. :uglystupid2: Don't know what she means by that.

If i do mate it will be Old school i'm afraid.

Cheers for all your comments guys. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 01:20 PM »
that's superb!!!  well done the little fella!   :4_17_5:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Great news for the young'un Andy , any pics of him with his trophy ? . Hopefully he sticks to it , trophies can be a great incentive too  ;) .

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Great news for the young'un Andy , any pics of him with his trophy ? . Hopefully he sticks to it , trophies can be a great incentive too  ;) .

Here you go Matt.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Great pic Andy ,

Congrats Reece on the trophy , I hope that's one of many in the future  ;) . I've got a few here ( 105-106 or so ) so understand how much they mean & how cool it is to get them .

Keep racing Reece , make sure you keep buggin' your dad to take you racing and he'll get very proud from it too  ;) .

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 08:12 PM »

Keep racing Reece , make sure you keep buggin' your dad to take you racing and he'll get very proud from it too  ;) .

:LolLolLolLol:  With the price of petrol and the chance that in the end he'll have won more than me and will constantly take the P out of me about it, i think we'll stop racing as soon as possble . LOL.

Only joking by the way.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bournemouth Summer series last night.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx