gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975709 Posts in 138931 Topics by 6357 Members - Latest Member: Srjmarshall August 12, 2024, 08:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  IMPORTANT!!!! North Region OS Points System Irregularities
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: IMPORTANT!!!! North Region OS Points System Irregularities  (Read 2161 times)

moley

It has been brought to my attention that The scoring system employed for the OS races in the North Region differ from the Official North Region BMX results.

This is something that I have known about since round 1.

In the south they have been using a different points system than the 'Official' North Region BMX point system.

And there are even more Points systems than these two that are employed in BMX.

After trying to clear up how the points systems worked for more than a week,  it was decided to use the OS Scoring system that the south used since last year.

To see the differences, check these links out

http://www.ossbmxracing.co.uk

http://www.northregionbmx.org.uk/20080504Preston_Class.htm

The two Points Scoring Systems work as follows

The 'Official' North Region BMX point system.
For the A Final it goes 50,47,45,44,43,42,41,40
For the B Final it goes 35,32,30,29,28,27,26,25
For the C Final it goes 20,17,15,14,13,12,11,10

The OS Scoring system is
For the A Final it goes 50,47,44,41,38,35,32,29    (3 pt gap between A Finalists)
For the B Final it goes 27,25,23,21,19,17,15,13    (then a 2pt gap between the rest)
For the C Final it goes 11,9,7,5,3,2 and 2pts for anyone else.

As you can clearly see there is a huge difference between the two point systems and it has effects on the Results tables.

As the North Region OS Series is now officially acknowledged by North Region BMX and they manage the points and work out the tables. I personally think we should use the 'Official' North Region BMX point system.

Also I still think Ron beat MADD DOGG, but the 'Official' results place  MADD DOGG ahead of Ron in the A Final.   If we use the Official system then all results should be binding to what they say.  Meaning MADD DOGG gets the points!!!

It will also clear up any queries in the future, because whatever points they say we got.  Is what we've got.  Pure and Simple, no arguments.

This isn't my OS Series and I'm not going to make a decision on this.  It up to everyone who has ridden in the North Region OS Series.

I would like feedback from RATTY and all those racing down South as well.   If we do change then there will be two different points system in effect.

I would like feedback from Kenny and his clan to see which points system they want to use for their series.   Perhaps they will come up with another points system!!!

I would like feedback from all North Region Riders as what we should do!!!

There is no problem in changing points systems.  It would take half and hour at most.   But we need to make decision now before any more races.

Maybe the South Series will want to use this points system as well.

If they don't then it okay.  I don't mind running fifty different points systems, so long as everyone is aware of how they work and everything is totally above board!!

So thats the Question!!

Do you want 'Official' points System or OS Points System?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: IMPORTANT!!!! North Region OS Points System Irregularities
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:49 PM »
First off, different regions use different ways of scoring, when we started the South OS we didnt actually stick to the South region, but ventured into the East region as well, both regions used different systems so we had to use our own system. The other problem comes with some regions scoring moto results as well, so to get a 50 point max you would need to win every moto as well as the final.
There is no problem adopting what ever system you prefer, and if the regions computer is doing the hard work then stick with it.
I cant see it is ever going to cause a conflict between regions, and until OS is a recognised class in all regions and when BCF standardise the regions points system there is always going to be a difference :-\

The way forward is out of our hands and in the hands of the BCF :shocked: but until then use what ever system is easier :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

moley

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Thanks RATTY,

Come on lads, respond!!!

Do you want to revert to the North Region BMX 'Official' Points System?

If everyone agrees then I'll sort it out!!!!!

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:49 PM »
I'll take whichever system gives me the most points  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:58 PM »
The 'Official' one works out better for me

And R Al would have 112 instead of 83 and you'd be in 5th instead of 6th

Si is in Pole with 142 instead of 141.

I think the reasoning behind the 'Official' system is to make it more competitive.

And to make people go for it more because there is a huge jump between B Final to A final Pts.

Eveyone needs to check the two systems out and decide which we'll use.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 12:03 AM »
The original system rewarded "A" finalists, which to be fair is where you want to be :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 12:23 AM »
We don't have enough riders up in Scotland, just yet, to be worrying about 'B' Finals. but I do like the Official Northern Points system.  It keeps the points that little bit closer and more competetive.  With that system there is less chance of someone ending up miles off the pace after a few rounds, with no chance of making up the difference and, therefore, less chance of some riders deciding not to bother doing the final few rounds because of that.  Personally I'd be happy to use the 'Official' system, but I'll let all our riders give it some thought.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 07:32 AM »
the official one works best as its not going to create a huge points range from last to first and will make coming any position count.

moley

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 08:02 AM »
The 'Official' one will keep the front runners from creating a huge gap.

At the moment the top 5 riders have a points gap of 47pts using the OS system and 30pts gap on the Official system.

Therefore the racing becomes more competitive as Points become more valuable.

There's also more incentive to get into a higher class final because the gap between 8th and 1st of a lower group is 5 points

e.g

A final 8th place = 40pts and B final 1st place = 35pts.

I'm all for using the 'Official' points system.   It will also clear up the MADD DOGG & Ron situation.   I think Ron beat him but the 'Official' system says not.  So MADD DOGG gets the points, no arguments, no discussion!!!!

MotomagII needs to contact them because he's raced under 2 different names and his overall points have been split in two.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 10:47 PM »
I do it for the fun, not the glory (hole?)... any way, I'll take the points back off Russ at Hartlepool ;D

:buck2:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 11:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dreemin again ronny

dont think im racin till me arm sorts itself out anyway

so if ya still want them xtra coachin seshions lmk

r :-*

moley

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56 PM »
There is a severe lack of support here.

I thought some might have a say on this subject!!!

Maybe not!!!

I will change the North Region Results to mirror those in the Official North Region BMX Standings at the start of next week after the Scots have raced.

If anyone has any problems with this then they can speak up.

If ya don't then I will know that everyone is H. A. P. P. Y.!!!!!  :daumenhoch:

Kenny will chat with his lads and will probably use the same scoring system as 'Official' North Region BMX System!!

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 06:15 PM »
There is a severe lack of support here.

I thought some might have a say on this subject!!!

Maybe not!!!

I will change the North Region Results to mirror those in the Official North Region BMX Standings at the start of next week after the Scots have raced.

If anyone has any problems with this then they can speak up.

If ya don't then I will know that everyone is H. A. P. P. Y.!!!!!  :daumenhoch:

Kenny will chat with his lads and will probably use the same scoring system as 'Official' North Region BMX System!!

Chill out man, the points aren't important, it's old school remember...  fun, fun, fun  :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

moley

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 06:40 PM »
Chill out, I fooking roasting man.   Summers finally arrived!!!

I got a couple of PM's stating that the Points were different to the Official one's so I thought I'd bring the topic up for debate!!

And I wasn't getting much of a response so I thought I'd notch it up a level to Yellow and bigger font size!!!!

I just wasn't expecting everyone to leave all the decisions to me,  I'm not God ya know!!!

I thought Beardy would have chipped in as he is the head honcho of the NW OS.

They just better not come complaining to me when they lose the Series by 1 point!!!! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Chill out, I fooking roasting man.   Summers finally arrived!!!

I got a couple of PM's stating that the Points were different to the Official one's so I thought I'd bring the topic up for debate!!

And I wasn't getting much of a response so I thought I'd notch it up a level to Yellow and bigger font size!!!!

I just wasn't expecting everyone to leave all the decisions to me,  I'm not God ya know!!!

I thought Beardy would have chipped in as he is the head honcho of the NW OS.

They just better not come complaining to me when they lose the Series by 1 point!!!! :LolLolLolLol:

I like that title!!!

Sorry dude.. I have missed this thread, was up to my eyes last week and over the weekend with the 'BurnerBash 8)' ... apologies...

I think its sensible to mirror the points that the Northern Region are using... I'm stoked that they are actually scoring us and recognising us as a class!! (whether that officially a class or not.)

No point in having two lots of points schemes running... and like you say, if it ends up being close at the end of the season... one scoring system may see another rider finish ahead of another on the two final tables....

I vote for sticking with what the Northern Region is using, at the end of the day, they are running the series and are being accomodating enough to allow us to race.

On a personal note... I'll be able to devote more time to the Summer Series now that the BBash is outta the way...

LET THE RACING CONTINUE>>>>>  :coolsmiley:

moley

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 09:04 PM »
What the Head Honcho says the loyal Mole-like sidekick does!!!

I will change the points tonight!!

moley

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Results are now up!!!

The points mirror the 'Official' ones apart from Gregs who was put under 2 names.

Also the rider positions might be dodgy as well. because it has smithy ahead of greg at bradford.

And I thought Smithy didn't even perform in the semis and finals.   He was too busy performing somewhere else (with emma).

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 10:07 PM »
Sorry Ian only just seen this topic myself  :-[

but the decision is right to go with the official system

Not as big gaps from Top to bottom now

The heat is on  ;)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 10:12 PM »
I agree with dubber. I think we will prob change ours too. will speak with Kenny on Sunday about it.

Moley my detail aren't working on the Scottish section, 404 error! They work on the North section though.

cheers Marc :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Marc!!  Its now sorted.  :daumenhoch:

I was linking to kuwahero.htm when the Filename was Kuwahero.htm!!!

HTML!!! Finnicky little barstewards!!!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Cheers Ian

I know what you mean. This is all i've done on mine so far :LolLolLolLol:
http://www.kuwaharabmx.co.uk

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:35 PM by kuwahero »

moley

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 12:05 AM »
I was expecting more!!!! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Nice one Moley.. your doing a grand job with this.....  :daumenhoch: top man...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  IMPORTANT!!!! North Region OS Points System Irregularities

gfxgfx
gfx gfx