gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 05:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  New School Shame - Scottish Round 2 results & pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New School Shame - Scottish Round 2 results & pics  (Read 855 times)

kennyhunter6061

New School Shame - Scottish Round 2 results & pics
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Round 2 of the Scottish OSS Summer Series today and, as there were only 3 oldschoolers (me injured, Paulo unavailable as were David W & Kevin Rettie) and 2 17+ newschoolers, I decided to let them all race together and divide the points up at the end of the day.  Suffice to say the three oldschoolers well and truly humped the 2 newschool riders  :LolLolLolLol:  (and not in a man-love dry bumming kind of way either!) Kenny Scullion came 1st on my Mongoose, Stevo came 2nd and Kuwahero came 3rd.  OLD SCHOOL ROCKS!!  >:D

Results:
1.  Kenny Scullion
2.  Stevo
3.  Kuwahero

Come on all you lazy Scottish oldschoolers.  Get yer oldschool bikes down to the track and have some fun with the rest of us!  If Stevo & Kuwahero can take to the track with their minty Skyway T/A & Lazerlite then you've no excuses!!  This isn't a dig at Paulo, David & Kevin who I'm sure would all have been there if family/work commitments hadn't got in the way, but FFS there have got to be more oldschoolers in Scotland than just us 7.  If more oldschoolers don't start showing an interest maybe we'll just stop the oldschool racing in Scotland and those of us who are into it (me, Kenny, Stevo, Kuwahero, Paulo, David, Kevin) will just drive down to the North Region oldschool races.  If we're all paying for petrol to go to Clydebank to race it wouldn't cost much more for us to all chip in and share a couple of cars to hit up the North Series   :rant:

Anyway, here's some pics of today's action..........

Thought I better get a photo of them all in one piece!  ;)

Moto1, turn 1

Moto1, turn 2

Moto1, 3rd straight

Moto1, finish line

Moto2, 2nd straight

Moto2, 3rd straight

Moto2, last corner

Moto2, finish line

Moto3, 2nd straight doubles

Moto3, 3rd straight

Moto3, last straight

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:38 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

kevin rettie

!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Gutted Kenny, struggling to make the dates.... hope to see you all at Clydebank soon.

Looks like the weather was better there than in Edinburgh as well.... double gutted!

Kevin

Niall76

Re: New School Shame - Scottish Round 2 results & pics
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 06:25 PM »
I thought I did alright for a chap who has experience of 2 races (ever).  And in my defence, you guys are a good bit wider and are taking up a lot more track space - near impossible to get past... :LolLolLolLol:

I think my flowing locks are creating a fair bit of extra drag too......... heh heh  ;)

Looking forward to the next race, the groups together are a good laugh.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Niall, in one of those pics you're clearly out in front at the end of the second straight so, in fairness, it was a lot closer than I made out  >:D  (apart from that lazy sod Stuart!  ;D)  You'll be pleased to know that you're now leading the points in 17+.  Full results are up on www.titansbmx.co.uk  :daumenhoch:

Niall76

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Woop woop!  :LolLolLolLol:

It's a great laugh though.  Hoping the weather hangs around for the summer.  I should be able to make it on the Thursday evening for round 3.

Tried to put the photos on Flickr last night but their site was broken!  I'll do it tonight when I get home.

Niall76

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Okay, finally managed to get it all sorted out.

Try this.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/titansbmx/sets/72157605033778100/

Hopefully it works....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  New School Shame - Scottish Round 2 results & pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx