gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975660 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 14, 2024, 05:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS Reunions - Sept in Germany - 2008 Ponypark Slagharen
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OSS Reunions - Sept in Germany - 2008 Ponypark Slagharen  (Read 2249 times)

se bikes

OSS Reunions - Sept in Germany - 2008 Ponypark Slagharen
« on: August 17, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Check the email below from Gerrit Does, the Grandfather of BMX and brains behind BMX as it is known in Holland

Hi Nikke,
Good to hear from you again. Enclosed the interview form. I am prepairing a new update, so your Profile will be on that, if you sent it back to me, lets say ith a week?  Thanks.
If you have pictures, JPEG, it would be great. Old skool and now?

Nog only in France, but also in Germany they have Old Skool events, not many but some. Some time September in Weiterstadt Germany there will be event. I can get the exact info for you if you like.

I am also in the process of organising an Old Skool Reunion .... at SLAGHAREN. In 2008 BMX exists 30 jears in Holland and therefore Europe. It will be a European event with participants from several Euro countries. OS riders now have family's and we will offer them at special rates a weekend stay at Slagharen. We will have a European BMX Hall of Fame Award presentation, a OS BMX Museum, a Party evening and so on. More details later. Tell all OS riders this is going to happen ending September 2008, will you?  More details soon on my website www.univofbmx.com

PLease give my regards to you Dad too Nikke! Is he doing o.k.? I will add the website link. This is it for now, have to go, still busy!!!
Talk to you soon,
regards,
Gerrit

So who's up for all this  :daumenhoch:, can OSS go Worldwide  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I've replied with a YES YES YES :)

http://www.slagharen.org/

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 06:48 PM by OSS QUEEN »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: OSS Reunions - Sept in Germany - 2008 Ponypark Slagharen
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 07:04 PM »
Oh the kids will like that.  :daumenhoch:

se bikes

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:14 PM »
sod the kids, i cant bloody wait  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 07:28 PM »
Well done Nicki, Thats bloody great news, better start saving for my ferry ticket... How far is Amsterdam from the track :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

se bikes

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 07:42 PM »
not too far that we can't all drop by a few cafe's on the way home, all in the interest of scientific evaluation  :angel:

Twinkle

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Matthew will be well chuffed, his always wanted us to go to Amsterdam ... not sure it was for BMX though and he didnt mention taking the kids either.

Will all have to start saving our 20ps in a jar  :LolLolLolLol:

QuadPaul

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Alrighty, How bloody cool does that sound, count me In.

Already have a problem though, Gem is refusing to go on a ferry, "I AIN'T getting on no BOAT you fool"  :LolLolLolLol:

Any Docs on the site that can supply something to knock her out????

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 09:06 AM »

Already have a problem though, Gem is refusing to go on a ferry, "I AIN'T getting on no BOAT you fool"  :LolLolLolLol:

bottle of vodka should do it  :LolLolLolLol:

Twinkle

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 09:14 AM »

How long would it take if we went through the Euro Tunnel ?? Would Gem prefer that ?? I hate the ferry but to go on it when I have to.

Sharon xx

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 12:38 PM »
EuroTunnel takes just 35 minutes and a few weeks ago I got return tickets for £27 each way but this goes up if you're out longer than two days I think.  Check it out at http://www.eurotunnel1.com/direct/booking/journey.asp?lang=en but bear in mind vehicle height as I used an estate car to travel in.  It's the ONLY way to go to Europe!!  Humps

dj_benice

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Well done Nicki, Thats bloody great news, better start saving for my ferry ticket... How far is Amsterdam from the track :angel:

See JT on this one there will be better establishments in holland outside of amsterdam with less commercial produce and prices  :angel:  I'm in, now where are the rest of the jedi's  >:D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 04:30 PM »

See JT on this one there will be better establishments in holland outside of amsterdam with less commercial produce and prices  :angel:  I'm in, now where are the rest of the jedi's  >:D

Actually I want to go to Amsterdam for the window shopping.  :LolLolLolLol:

ZippyDixon

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 09:26 PM »
Awesome,Slagharen!!! great park,loads of memories EK88 springs to mind....might well be interested in this one myself  :daumenhoch:
    Stu

se bikes

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Awesome,Slagharen!!! great park,loads of memories EK88 springs to mind....might well be interested in this one myself  :daumenhoch:
    Stu

jeez Stu, i went that year too, just looked and got the printed shirt from Ponypark,  :shocked: remember the massive globe with the chain swings ? how mad was that, hope it's still there  :daumenhoch:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 12:48 PM »
    Stu

jeez Stu, i went that year too, just looked and got the printed shirt from Ponypark,  :shocked: remember the massive globe with the chain swings ? how mad was that, hope it's still there  :daumenhoch:

I went that year, globe and chain ride was great!

ZippyDixon

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 08:12 PM »
    Stu

Was a great weekend,I remember getting pi55ed in the square on the stella funnily enough and also some french guys pulling a knife out on Brian Pickstone(Lee's elder bro) seemed a big thing back then but not so much now   ::)
   Stu

se bikes

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 08:19 PM »
    Stu

Was a great weekend,I remember getting pi55ed in the square on the stella funnily enough and also some french guys pulling a knife out on Brian Pickstone(Lee's elder bro) seemed a big thing back then but not so much now   ::)
   Stu

how weird is it that we were all there n didn't realise it til now  ;D hope the chinese is still as good  :daumenhoch:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 09:44 PM »
Guess the track is still there, can anyone confirm this?  :-\ :daumenhoch:

BMXpert

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 03:35 PM »
    Stu

Stu

Now that would be proper.
I never had as much fun at races as in Slagharen 88.
Also, I believe there is availibility of the Jamaican Woodbine allegedly  :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 08:59 PM »
From my last conversation with Gerrit the track is still there, as soon as i have more info re booking i will open up a post so that we can block book chalets together and create OSS Chaos :LolLolLolLol:, anyone got a spare burner for the midnight fires :2funny:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 09:04 PM »
From my last conversation with Gerrit the track is still there, as soon as i have more info re booking i will open up a post so that we can block book chalets together and create OSS Chaos :LolLolLolLol:, anyone got a spare burner for the midnight fires :2funny:

Good Lass  ;)

Ill pop a tenner in pot for the midnight fire  >:D

dj_benice

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 09:14 AM »
jedi ................right here

when nikki 1st mentioned this

i giggled my ass off

and ya know what................thats right

im still laughing

this is one i cant miss :angel:

amen young padawan

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 05:15 PM »
Anyone heard anymore about this bash next year....................is it happenin? Dates confirmed?

Cheers  :daumenhoch:

se bikes

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 06:27 PM »
I'll email Gerrit and try to get an update so we can all book up :daumenhoch:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Good  Lass  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS Reunions - Sept in Germany - 2008 Ponypark Slagharen

gfxgfx
gfx gfx