gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 11:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What tracks still survive from the 80s?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What tracks still survive from the 80s?  (Read 14449 times)

dal

Re: What tracks still survive from the 80s?
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 10:04 PM »
ossets second  track can still be seen from the m1 next to the fishing lake but it looks in a bad  state.the club moved there after they got thrown out by the football club next to the bus station.also casstleford  track is there but only a single track now and the the 3 turn is now a small round about.very sad to see.

DJV1980

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 10:59 PM »
south  adur track at shoreham still there but   not easy riding. also brightons 1996 world champ track  still there i think and bexhill's track still there.
shoreham's track the only one out of these  from the 80's.  shame about burgess hills track  long gone.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:06 PM by adurace »

QuadPaul

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 11:20 PM »
South Woodham Ferrers (Woodham Warriors) track is still there including the start gate. it's over grown and the wooden bridge on the 1st straight has gone but looks like parts of it still get ridden.

QuadPaul

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Ipswich track is still on the same site and used to this day.

Anyone know if the track at sudbury is still there?

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 11:22 PM »
redditch obviously! sort of!

leamington track is still around. got revamped about 3 years ago.
could be good for you golden oldies, goes downhill so you won't get tired from pedalling! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 11:59 PM »
not a lot left of redditch  :( but hopefully soon we will be getting a new track, though it wont be in same place.

all that left of old track is the bit going into old bombhole, can just see tyres that were edge of track

64 SPLITVAN

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I THINK BUCKMORE WENT MANY YEARS AGO I WAS RACING KARTS THERE BEFORE THE TRACK WAS EXSTENDED THERE WAS NO SIGN OF IT THEN.
SUDBURY SUFFOLK HAS A HOUSEING ESTATE ON TOP OF IT NOW.
INTRESTING TO KNOW SOUTH WOODHAM IS STILL THERE I TRIED FINDING OUT ABOUT AND WAS TOLD THE SCOUTS USE THE SIGHT AND THERES NO MORE TRACK.
THER USED TO BE A TRACK AT BRANDON SUUFOLK DOES ANY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?
WE HAD A TRACK IN MY TOWN HAVERHILL SUFFOLK NOW OVER GROWN I PAID THE COUNCIL A VISIT TO GET IT CLEARED BUT THERE NOT INTRESTED. :'( 

rudhallrascal

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 06:05 PM »
I went over to gloucester robins track at robins wood hill about 12 months ago, its still there but very run down and overgrown but is still quite visible, here are a few pictures.

greentoad

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Peterborough and Royston are still going strong.

When I went to Gamlingay a couple of years back they still have the start hill and gate - the rest of the track has totally overgrown though.

J.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 10:16 PM »
The Kelloggs track in Gateshead is still there .its not in the best shape ,but its still there........

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2007, 04:19 PM »
Crewe is still alive and kicking, they still race it aswell :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2007, 08:27 PM »
The old Hillingdon Hawks track at Hayes, Kingshill Ave is still there and rideable but the council took out all the big jumps as crossers, scooters and horses were going over it a lot.  New Hayes track is at Dawley Road, awesome to ride and scary on an old school bike.

High Wycombe is just about there still but was barely rideable when I took a look during the summer.  Hounslow got flattened by the council about two years ago, I think the Slough track is still there but was well abused by the local chavs from what I can recall.

Wouldn't mid taking a tip out to the Chertsey track sometime, raced there more than once and used to get my mates dad to drop us off there when he worked Saturdays in Woking  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

stussystew

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2007, 07:34 PM »
Hi, I am pleased to inform you that the BMX track at Spalding is still alive and kicking! Yes, once the home of the Spalding Scorpions BMX club and soon to be resurfaced with Dolomite.

I was one of the founder members of the Spalding Scorpions back in 1982 and designed the track that exists today. It has fallen into a state of disrepair but after much negotiation with the local council it will be resurfaced this month. The track will then be safe to ride and when we are able to raise a bit more money we will be able to rebuild and redesign some of the jumps to get it back to the national race standard once again. I also intend to introduce a specific dirt jump section within the perimeter of the track - funds permitting.

I am a member of Spalding Cycling Club and we are going to resurrect the Spalding Scorpions BMX club sometime in 2008 so watch this space.................

STEW

slurp

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Wouldn't mid taking a tip out to the Chertsey track sometime, raced there more than once and used to get my mates dad to drop us off there when he worked Saturdays in Woking  :daumenhoch:.
[/quote]

Took a trip to chertsey in the summer,still ridable all jumps in not bad condition bar the last set of doubles on the 1st straight.

Heres the thread

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=33334.msg349890#msg349890

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2007, 10:09 PM »

Took a trip to chertsey in the summer,still ridable all jumps in not bad condition bar the last set of doubles on the 1st straight.

Heres the thread

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=33334.msg349890#msg349890
[/quote]

Saw that post before I posted the race pic of my mate Lee Shury getting burned by Ruff's and Middleton  :LolLolLolLol:.  Are you local to Chertsey then Slurp?  I'm a few miles away but only 30mins by the M25 at J15.

slurp

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Im in Bagshot mate.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2007, 10:48 PM »
Im in Bagshot mate.

Have you always been local to Bagshot, BITD I used to ride a lot around Camberley and the Bagshot Ranges, Heatherside Estate.  Also used to drink at Hero's if you remember it at all  :LolLolLolLol:

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Truro is now cornwall and in the same place, Stu , Gary and Tracy Longs parents started the club (25years ago) on his uncles farm, Stu andf Tracy still race as do their kids.

SE the track has changed? We now ride up the old step downs straight after going the wrong way around caravan turn but the table top and corner in the trees are still the same way, all very confusing?

alfie

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Truro is now cornwall and in the same place, Stu , Gary and Tracy Longs parents started the club (25years ago) on his uncles farm, Stu andf Tracy still race as do their kids.

SE the track has changed? We now ride up the old step downs straight after going the wrong way around caravan turn but the table top and corner in the trees are still the same way, all very confusing?

but simon it's still a shite track

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 11:15 PM »
Its better than some of the old tracks above??
Ill still miss the cow pats and puddles when the two new cornish tracks open.

slurp

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Im in Bagshot mate.

Have you always been local to Bagshot, BITD I used to ride a lot around Camberley and the Bagshot Ranges, Heatherside Estate.  Also used to drink at Hero's if you remember it at all  :LolLolLolLol:

No mate im from Manchester so missed out on the heros experience :LolLolLolLol:.Been in Bagshot about 3 years.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  What tracks still survive from the 80s?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx