gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  knackered knees..................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: knackered knees..................  (Read 978 times)

welsh denny

knackered knees..................
« on: October 06, 2007, 01:39 PM »
blew out my knee back in july 2001 riding a tank of a bike (s & m sabbath,fat rims,4 pegs,2 brakes,castillo's etc-see below) and know i shouldn't ride but it's like an addiction after all these years (rode from 1984 to present- minus injury breaks such as fractured ankles, compressed spine fracture, etc).

this was my knee back in 2003- moves even more now but struggling on. hurts when bone spurs catch though.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4983510

take care out there.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: knackered knees..................
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 02:10 PM »
Cool!  you freak.........   ;D

I feel your pain.  I've been carrying a damaged knee for 25 years now   :shocked:

I'm going in for a rebuild in November.  New ACL  (using a lump of tendon from elswhere in my leg), a smooth and trimdown to the cartilages and a smoothdown of all the bones in there, and a bloody good hoovering out to finish it off.  I'm told that whilst my knee is very badly damaged, overall it should repair well....  i'll let you know in 6 months....

Knee technology has come on leaps and bounds in recent years; mine will all be done via keyhole with virtually no pain so I'm told.  You should look into getting yours fettled, even if its a lot more work than mine they can still sort you right out.

Failing that, check out the CTi kneebraces. They are superb, acting pretty much like external ligaments to keep the two halves of your leg together  ;)

Take care of that knee buddy   :)

MCSMagnum

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 02:04 AM »
Think I may go see the doctor....

I've kinda lived with my right knee being twice the size of the left one and far less bendy off and on for twenty years because when i first screwed it up (skiing not bmx) the medical profession didn't seem to have a clue what to do with it (not helped by it miraculously curing itself temporarily two weeks before investagative keyhole probing).....

If things have come along that much, gotta be worth seeing what they can do.... who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to sit on a slammed seat *and* pedal like these new school kids do without my knee puffing up like a fooked up skinwall....

Mike

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 02:23 AM »
Yeah man, do it.  I had exactly the same experience years ago. They drew the fluid off and threw me out telling me never to ride again.  I was 16!!!  I think the hardest part  (unless you have bupa) will be finding a sympathetic doctor.  But that aside, knee work isn't the big deal it used to be it seems to me, they're quite happy to get involved these days   :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 08:14 AM »
as Bob says, the main problem will be finding a doctor/GP who'll want to take your knee on?  also take into account a national problem with Orthopaedics waiting lists.....if you do get it done though, you MUST let it heel properly afterwards before riding on it.....or it will hurt like fook!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  knackered knees..................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx