gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  New BMX track in Colchester Essex!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New BMX track in Colchester Essex!  (Read 3207 times)

Firebladeseven

New BMX track in Colchester Essex!
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Aparently the council are going through a consultative excercise to establish if there is enough interest for a BMX track located beside the Shrub End centre in Colchester

I got home from work too late to get to the meeting at Alderman Blaxil School tonight but aparently it's also on tomorrow 21.7.07 in the Drama rooms 09.30

It would be a good site IMHO as there is already the Colchester United Comunity partnership synthetic pitch/community centre at this site with pukka parking toilets etc and it's right bang in the town.

If anyone is local or can put a shout out to anyone who is to get themselves down there, please do so. It's about time Councils got up to speed on this and the word is, if there is not enough support it won't go ahead.

All the best

Steve Gilbert
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:49 PM by Firebladeseven »

DR VINOAH

Re: New BMX track in Colchester Essex!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:49 PM »
thats brilliant news steve

the more tracks the better in my books :4_17_5:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 08:59 PM »
top stuff .we have a fare few members very close to colchester  :daumenhoch:

ZippyDixon

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Good shout fella's,another one within earshot....keep us posted with the progress at the meetings FB7  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
  Stu

hooga1975

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Fingers cross it gets hope it gets the go ahead, it is only 30 mins from me :daumenhoch:

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 07:58 PM »
Dang, I was away and have just got back this weekend. I'll have a look in the local rags next week to see if there is any mention.

golden duck

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 08:49 PM »
brilliant my grandad and nan live not to far from colchester now when i go there i can go to race :daumenhoch:

Firebladeseven

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 07:55 PM »
Well I went to the meeting and chatted for some time with the nice men from the council ::)

It topps up that from what I have seen so far, I would guess they are likely to go down the road of a skatepark rather than a BMX race track

I spent some considerable time while at work today ;D putting together a suggestion for a pukka track along the lines of Norwich but for some reason they seem resistant to this. In fairness they do have limited space but on the whole my argument for a track looks better than the one for a park. A track is just so much more inclusive as the kids can ride the thing on anything but there you go. I also think they are really missing a trick with the whole Olympic thing and the benefits that come with a club

Anyway the good news is that the example they seem to like is that set by the people over in Saffron Walden. They have just had a park constructed by the outfit from Portland USA http://www.dreamlandskateparks.com/ who obviously know what they are about and the council guys seem pretty clued up on the whole thing :daumenhoch:

I'm not sure how good this would be for BMX (I guess you would need smooth copings?) but anything would be better than nothing for the kids round here.

I'll keep you posted on developments

Steve

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  New BMX track in Colchester Essex!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx