gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 02:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anyone recommend a new school bike?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone recommend a new school bike?  (Read 1802 times)

Stevo

Anyone recommend a new school bike?
« on: November 02, 2005, 11:28 PM »
Fellas, please help…

After riding my valuable Haro Master at local skateparks I realised that:
1. I was going to wreck it quite quickly  :(
2. Ridiing an collectors item stops you from trying harder on the ramps  :-[

So I reckon asking Santa for a stronger new school bike (price range £200 to £300) might be the way to go in 2006. So, I am asking for recommendations on the type of bike to go for. It will be used for ramps and flatland. I am drawn to the Haro Flair or 540 but maybe Fit Bike, Federal, Hoffman, etc make a better bike for the money. Perhaps there all much the same. Comments appreciated. Cheers.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone recommend a new school bike?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 11:30 PM »
well haro 540's are good i started out on one
but federal seem loads liter to me and british built app

The-flying-banana

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 11:44 PM »
s&m LAF "light as f*ck"  bit pricey though ???

RADHAB

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Proper Houdini

Stevo

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Thanks fellas,

Radhab, never heard of Proper Bikes before.  ??? Checked out the website, great products, no complete bikes (yet). Frame sets are pricey though.  :-\ Is Carlo Griggs behind this company? I have seen him and his new ramp on this forum. Cheers

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 04:49 PM »
yup
I want to touch ORB

theRuler

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 04:51 PM »
i strongly recommend you visit a bike shop and check how the bike feels before you buy.
whats good for one, aint always good for another.

whereabouts in the country are you? find a good bike shop and go and have a look.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 05:04 PM »
or if ure near rom pop down and you can have a ride of our bikes

Stevo

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 07:52 PM »
I am based in Edinburgh.

There are a few decent BMX stores in this area and Glasgow.

You are right about testing bikes, so I will ask the new school guys at the skatepark the next time I go – they might tell me to f**k off though!  :-\

Thanks for the offer to try out your bikes down at the Rom but I don't plan to go down there this side of Xmas.

No rush to buy, fancy a 2006 model anyway.

The-flying-banana

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Well then dude you wanna get down to west end cycles "Glasgow" ;) Get yourself something but post up before you buy so we can tell you if any good ;)

RADHAB

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 08:59 PM »
Proper Bikes Houdini. Yep Carlo is behind the company and he has a new lighter frame out so you might get a deal on last years model ;)

ligbee

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 10:32 PM »
You want (cant think of it's name) the one that comes with a black frame, forks, bars and wheels- you must know which one I mean it's very distinct.....

lets be honest, get yourself down to Alans and buy youself something like A Blue Haro Sport with white Tuffs.

A PROPER BMX.

ligbee.

Stevo

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Well then dude you wanna get down to west end cycles "Glasgow" Wink Get yourself something but post up before you buy so we can tell you if any good Wink
Yeah, I have heard good things about that shop. Probably the best in Scotland most of the top Scottish riders go there. Thanks for the tip.
You want (cant think of it's name) the one that comes with a black frame, forks, bars and wheels- you must know which one I mean it's very distinct.....

lets be honest, get yourself down to Alans and buy youself something like A Blue Haro Sport with white Tuffs.
Yes I know new school bikes look the same, can't say I love em, but there are a lot cheaper and stronger than an old school Haro. I use my '85 Master for easy going flatland stuff and the new bike will be for the ramps and skateparks that seem to be springing up all over the place, especially up here in Scotland. ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anyone recommend a new school bike?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx