gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975747 Posts in 138932 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 09, 2024, 09:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My old 84 Haro Sport
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My old 84 Haro Sport  (Read 954 times)

SaMAlex

My old 84 Haro Sport
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:59 PM »
In 1991, when I was riding my first Dirtbike, I wanted to do something fun with my old Haro Sport that I got new in 1984. I went to the local skate shop and got a pile of the shop stickers and got it all kitted out. The keen eyed of you will notice the Leary Turbo cranks, the performer bars, Landing Gear forks, Epoch headset, Mallet stem and the DX pedals (I just chucked it together using parts that weren’t being used). I rode it now and again. I’d use it to get to work and call in at the local ramp on my way home. The skate shop liked it so much they put it in their window for a while. In the end the downtube snapped in half at the headtube gusset. As the bike was covered in stickers I didn’t know what had happened, I just knew that the BB was getting closer and closer to the floor! That was the final straw after the seat tube pulling out of the BB shell and, of course, the double top tube gusset cracking. I think the frame ended up in the bin, which is a shame cos Im fairly sure it was a Torker made one! I don’t think it had chevron stamps on it and the stays were tiny tiny thin, and un-capped.

Me riding Mons ramp sometime in the 80s

Ready to hit the streets

In my old bedroom at home

SS20 shop window

Fence footplant in, mind the skaters

Nuff repairs! (thats not me)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:16 PM by S&MAlex »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: My old 84 Haro Sport
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 03:02 PM »
pmsl   :LolLolLolLol:  your a nutter   .
top mad bike you had there   :)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 04:12 PM »
More Alex radness. You mental.

You gotta do a rep of that Al!

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 04:16 PM »
You gotta do a rep of that Al!

Funny you say that! There is a white 84 sport in my shed (not a Torker one tho). I think I might miss off the leary turbo cranks this time tho (they would cos me too much to get back from Biagio!).

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 11:45 PM »
Mental !!! ......Thanks for sharing those pics .Looks like it could be a 2nd gen sport(Torker made),but it could be anything with all those stickers on :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:43 AM »
Mental !!! ......Thanks for sharing those pics .Looks like it could be a 2nd gen sport(Torker made),but it could be anything with all those stickers on :LolLolLolLol:

I got a "new" 84 sport recently and it was only then I spotted the differences to my old frame. Im sure mine didnt have the chevrons on the headtube gusset and Im also sure the seat and chain stays were open ended and very thin. The reason I remember this is because I repainted it several times until I got it chromed and I remember scraping paint out of the end of the stay tubes. I dont remember where the frame number was. When I got it from Surrey BMX there was a new delivery of sports that had bigger stays, and at the time I kinda wished I had got one of them. Funny that now, the thinner stay one would be a nicer one to have, and that every tube APART from the thin stays broke!

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Great pic's mate, don't see many Haro's like that un!

The pic in bedroom is classic, crap everywhere and a coke addiction!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 11:59 AM »
The pic in bedroom is classic, crap everywhere and a coke addiction!!

My room was rad. I had most of my spare bike parts nailed to the wall, along with coke cans and all kinds of junk. In the end the whole of the ceiling was covered too.

Oh yes, I used to drink a lot of coke. My one and only vice ... that I have quit now!

ronnie360

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 03:29 PM »
that bike is mad bet it was like a kite in the wind  ::)

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 03:33 PM »
that one cool bike alex,thats what bmx is all about ,doing your own thing  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My old 84 Haro Sport

gfxgfx
gfx gfx