gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975640 Posts in 138928 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 06:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rom perfomance bowel
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rom perfomance bowel  (Read 2847 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Rom perfomance bowel
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 08:42 PM »
im sure i saw a picture back in the day of crazylegs airing as high as the lamp post at rom,when i went there two years ago i could'nt  believe how he could get so high out that bowl but the extra vert bit explains that one,still rad..

The extra vert went well before Crazylegs started riding there, I think it got taken down in 78/79.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 08:44 PM »
is that right that the peanut is ridable now? I saw a pic (on here I think) and it looked like it was dug out. During the 90s the skate bowl, perfornamce and peanut were all filled in but the last time I went (A while ago) the skate bowl was empty.

Alex, I don't think the Classic Pool as it used to be called has ever been filled in, always been open for as long as I can remember  :daumenhoch:

marty i went to haro for the first time in 82 and it was filled in then, later that the year the other 2 were filled in

Pete, I rode and skated Harrow a hell of a lot during the 70's and 80's and don't remember the Classic Pool being filled, I'll ask Dave Hopkins, Harrow Boy extrodinaire as he'll know the dates for sure  :-\

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 08:49 PM »

you is the man

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Pete, you are right!  Email from Dave (www.harrowboyz.com) ...

"Yup, some of the local lowlifes thought it would be fun to drive a car into it and set it on fire when there was no fence around the park and the council decided to fill it with earth to “protect” everybody.  Didn’t last too long though and they saw the light and dug it out again."

So that's where the urban legend of the car comes from , not the peanut but the Classic Pool  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 03:18 PM by MartyC »

Ramp Rat

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 11:42 PM »
Great pic, great find. Wow, what a beast of a bowl.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Rom perfomance bowel

gfxgfx
gfx gfx