gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 07:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  what year & model GT?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what year & model GT?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
what year & model GT?
« on: November 11, 2006, 05:43 PM »
hi guys
went to look at a GT that a friend is selling earlier & don't rally recognise which model it is as there are some subtle differences  :-\

had a quick squizz round the net & found this pic which looks most similar  :buck2:

any pointers on age/model?

serial number is under BB & its wearing a bolt on bashguard at the mo!

Jesse

Re: what year & model GT?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Either a Pro Freestyle Tour or a later Performer. Get the serial # and i'll be able to tell you.
Most likely a Performer if the serial is under the BB.

dj_benice

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:56 PM »
twin bend down tube performer came out later dunno year had stopped by then :(

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:29 PM »
serial number is YC4H3617 & its written around the edge of the BB shell on the non drive side :-\

NYSoul

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 01:29 PM »
You'll have to get a grown up to figure it out from the serial number as i have never understood them but from the picture I would say 1990 - 1993.
Does the one you are looking at have the cable holder in the same place? Higher spec Performer if it does or lower spec Performer or Vertigo if its on the top tube.

Jesse

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 05:34 PM »
^^^ Yeah i'd have to agree. A '90s Performer/Vertigo.
P.F.T.s had the serial on the rear drop-out and were proceeded by the letter 'FS'. The serial #s also had a different format with the month/year in it.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 06:00 PM »
yep early 90`s gt , i have one here but in crazy colours
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 06:28 PM »
You'll have to get a grown up to figure it out from the serial number as i have never understood them but from the picture I would say 1990 - 1993.
Does the one you are looking at have the cable holder in the same place? Higher spec Performer if it does or lower spec Performer or Vertigo if its on the top tube.

pretty sure the cable guides on the toptube on the one i was offered, i was thinking performer or vertigo 92-93ish based on what i found having a browse

don't the Pro Freestyle tour bikes also have bent chainstays too as well  :-\

i don't think its for me anyway, i'll post a link up to it when he puts it on ebay  ;)

WizardWeb

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Drop outs look like they are about to get out of hand, but it's still got the top bend in the down tube, so I'd say 94 or 95.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  what year & model GT?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx