gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 05:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hoffman Super forks.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hoffman Super forks.  (Read 8553 times)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Hoffman Super forks.
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 10:52 AM »
mine must be early as i don`t even have a serial number on mine , i wonder if fuzzynod does as his is a early one as well

also i thought big daddys came in 94 but could be wrong also get those aerospeeds off that hutch and give them to me to put on a proper hutch   ;D
no1stuntmaster on instagram

YGT

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Lyn Kastan designed the first condors .... maybe he made the very first gens of condors?
we need to ask brett downs if he knows ... he has registered on here as pwh4130

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 11:58 PM »
I'm confident the first Condors were made by SE.  I'm led to believe that the chainstay design (which is very SE looking) was done as a wee tribute, or recognition of some sort.

I would say that Harris'  Big Daddy was made in 94, or early 95 at the very latest.  My Condor was April 95 more or less and one one of the last of the ramproom models.

fuzzynod

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Lyn Kastan designed the first condors .... maybe he made the very first gens of condors?
we need to ask brett downs if he knows ... he has registered on here as pwh4130

I checked in Mats Biography according to him Linn Kasten designed and built the first 5 Condors which Mat and co tested and tried to Destroy but when it came to production he could'nt afford Linns prices so He got Mike Devitt of S.E Racing to build the first production ones.But it was taking 6 months a batch for S.E to build them and he could feel the initial rush of orders waining as people wer'nt prepared to wait that long He also felt that the S.E guys would stop 1/2 way through a run to do someone elses work.So thats when they set up the ramp room machine shop with Steve Gack as foreman.
It would appear that the first brochure was published whilst the S.E frames were being produced and that was in 92 according to the book.My bike was bought by Darren Glaggit as a frame and forks from Backyard in Hastings in late 92.It matches exactly the one in the brochure and is I believe a S.E built frame.It has no frame number and the relaxed head angle of the early frames.

Check against the original Catalogue
Page1

Page2

Page3

Page4

Also I have a copy of the first Bmx Plus Test from November 92 Carried out by Chris Potts of Potts mod fame.

Page 1

Page2

Page3

Page 4

Page5

Check out the geometry on the last page these are the same as my bike so I think that maybe the S.E Condors at least did not have a frame number.
I hope this helps.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 02:35 AM »

mark you are such a very helpful person, so what was the answer?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 05:01 PM »
The answer of course, is no.   :laugh:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2006, 05:03 PM »

to be honest cant even remember the question ;D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 05:36 PM »
I just tossed a coin   ;D

motomagII

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2006, 08:00 AM »
im gutted just got set super forks on a frame i just got they are 1" threaded with flat section with unthreaded hole for peg .gutted because the are somewhat bashed fromt face of both drops have dents and scuffs.gutted as wanted to trade em for some other forks  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Hoffman Super forks.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx