gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 12:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  winstanleys talk shit
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winstanleys talk shit  (Read 3769 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: winstanleys talk shit
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 10:10 PM »
I think poor old Gail might be fighting a losing battle here.......

I've used 'em.  Didn't feel that well looked after and didnt get everything i asked for, but they only took money for the stuff they sent (as indeed seems right).

Having owned a small BMX shop myself in the past I can see whats going on up there and she's gonna have to make some sweeping changes if she really wants to keep a good relationship with the likes of us old gits.

We vote with our feet tha knows   :)

Thing is, how many members on here?  she has a ready-made contained marketplace and most of us have a little money to spend. Not good business to do anything other than spoil us rotten, if she's truly concerned about it.

In the meantime the likes of Alans, Firm, Billys and Cyclone go about their daily business serving repeat client after repeat client...... ;)

sonic-1

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2006, 01:38 AM »
well orered an acs fat freewheel 14t was told it was in stock 48hrs delivery , whent on holiday expectin to come home n find it , phoned em put on hold  got through  was told they would call back never did so asked to talk to manager , he said the didnt have the bit n cant get em , they had allredy taken the cash , so odred new seat  came 5 days later  no goodys to say sorry
would maby use em again but have found better surplyers now

mantadave

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Grab your selfs a bargin £179 you can not go wrong nice with some black tuffs if it comes. i would not have posted if the lad on the phone did not think he was fookin clever telling me the law

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 06:13 PM »
Guys,

I'm not suggesting Winstanleys haven't been utter pony when it comes to your experiences lately but it looks like Gail is certainly trying to put things right. I found her extremely helpful and very aproachable.

I ordered a set of stickers for me Haro............Gail gave me 10% discount, threw in some extra stickers, free P&P and as a sign of good will chucked in a DVD!!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

If you got issues with the shop or more appropriately, her staff then I suggest you email Gail on the mail address above and I'm sure she'll do her best to put things right!!

Just my two penneth!!
Stace  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 09:30 AM by stace »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 06:21 PM »
It seems the only one making an effort is Gail.
Sack the twats on the counter and get some good staff in
A long time ago, in a land far away!

wolfybmx

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 08:14 PM »
lessons to be learnt here deal with ya local bike shop or haro dealer and get a good deal with them saves all this crap. most shops will try to match internet prices if they can to make a sale . any way winstanleys are not doin any one any favours totally  crap service.

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 08:33 PM »
lessons to be learnt here deal with ya local bike shop or haro dealer and get a good deal with them saves all this crap. most shops will try to match internet prices if they can to make a sale . any way winstanleys are not doin any one any favours totally  crap service.

I guess the question is then who else will sell one for £179?

It sounds like one would be an investment and I quite like the look!!

Any takers or shall I email gail, does she take paypal!!??

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2006, 11:37 AM »
I see on the winstanleys website that the 06 sports are now at £199, still a bargain but I'll still give that shop a miss. I just popped into a local bike shop and noticed they had them in stock, asked the manager if he'd match the price and he was all too happy to sell me a boxed one for £199..... I should have haggled, I m sure i could have got it cheaper!
Just goes to show... if you dont ask, you dont get.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 11:59 PM »
bitd winstanleys used to have rusty old bikes found in the canal chained out side there shop for sale . should go back to doing that and leave the bmx stuff to alan . he knows what hes on about doesnt lie and sorts u out .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  winstanleys talk shit

gfxgfx
gfx gfx