gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 10:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Most remembered rider's bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Most remembered rider's bikes  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Most remembered rider's bikes
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Not specific bikes, but Greg Guillotte's ramshackle collection of knackered rides.
Remember the shot in ABMX or RAD of him doing a Ceiling Fan, a bolt through the seattube of his StreetBeat?

I saw him ride at Alfreton once, his Sport and the parts on it were so thrashed that a wheel gave up and he borrowed someone else's bike to ride after the comp. Word on the balcony (amongst those avoiding Gary Neale's mum, bless 'er she couldn't half talk) was 'I wouldn't bloody lend him mine...'

Geth

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 05:56 PM »

are you Geth Shooter by any chance?  :4_17_5:

I'm a (almost) 40yr old bloke that looks like Geth Shooter @ 40 if he'd put on about 3 stone and gained some wrinkles :LolLolLolLol:
(yes)

trill

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 09:54 PM »
greg's blk & white haro sport was quite memorable,well knaked though.

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 10:58 PM »
Sorry another race bike, Greg Hills 1982 GT with the blue forks.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 12:03 AM »
WOODY ITSON'S GOLD TRICKSTAR !  :)

good shout but i didn't know about that till this time around. Think i'd stopped reading the mags by then :(

no doubt it's an icon though ;)

Trev

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 12:40 AM »

I'm a (almost) 40yr old bloke that looks like Geth Shooter @ 40 if he'd put on about 3 stone and gained some wrinkles :LolLolLolLol:
(yes)

Hi there Geth. What an absolute honour I might add.  I first got into BMX during the Kelloggs 1985.  Freestyle was my main interest, so Neil Ruffell was my first hero, but I watched the racing parts also and had an interest in that too.  You were sensational.  Back then everyone was under the impression that the Americans were untouchable.  You proved them wrong. I just remember you trouncing em and making me feeling so proud to be British.  As I said before, I was a freestyler, but you was the only racer that I could actually call a hero of mine.  It was you and Neil that inspired me to get into the sport.  Unfortunately, Neil is no longer with us, so I cannot tell him the influence he has had on my life, but you are still around and if it wasn't for the two British lads showing us how it was done, and that it was not just a sport for the Americans, I may not have carried on my interest.  For that reason alone, you will always have a God like status to me.  Sorry if this sounds very a**e lickish, but how often do you get a chance to tell one of your original heros what an influence they were on you.

Geth

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 11:42 AM »

(yes)

Hi there Geth. What an absolute honour I might add.  I first got into BMX during the Kelloggs 1985.  Freestyle was my main interest, so Neil Ruffell was my first hero, but I watched the racing parts also and had an interest in that too.  You were sensational.  Back then everyone was under the impression that the Americans were untouchable.  You proved them wrong. I just remember you trouncing em and making me feeling so proud to be British.  As I said before, I was a freestyler, but you was the only racer that I could actually call a hero of mine.  It was you and Neil that inspired me to get into the sport.  Unfortunately, Neil is no longer with us, so I cannot tell him the influence he has had on my life, but you are still around and if it wasn't for the two British lads showing us how it was done, and that it was not just a sport for the Americans, I may not have carried on my interest.  For that reason alone, you will always have a God like status to me.  Sorry if this sounds very a**e lickish, but how often do you get a chance to tell one of your original heros what an influence they were on you.

Wow. Blown away! :-[
I'd guess that most people that know me personally would laugh at what you wrote. I have no real ambition other than to prove that I am no less a person than anyone else on the planet. I never really had any heroes and I guess that meant the lads in that race were just normal blokes like me. They were probably more dedicated to training than I was though!! :LolLolLolLol:
That doesn't mean I didn't admire the skills that some riders had though. There were some amazing bike riders around back then. Even better riders around now.
They probably wouldn't have met me in the bar for a pint after though!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 11:57 AM »

(yes)

Wow. Blown away! :-[
I'd guess that most people that know me personally would laugh at what you wrote. I have no real ambition other than to prove that I am no less a person than anyone else on the planet. I never really had any heroes and I guess that meant the lads in that race were just normal blokes like me. They were probably more dedicated to training than I was though!! :LolLolLolLol:
That doesn't mean I didn't admire the skills that some riders had though. There were some amazing bike riders around back then. Even better riders around now.
They probably wouldn't have met me in the bar for a pint after though!

Did someone mention a Pint ??  :daumenhoch: . Roll on Epic , we'll have a few that night maybe  :D

Geth

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 11:59 AM »
Yes please. :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 12:01 PM »

piper

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 12:23 PM »

MD`s white master,just the dogs twitcher........!!! :4_17_5:

dj_benice

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 01:13 PM »
Scott WIlliams 1st black gt pro I saw in the UK.

lloydieboy

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Dave Vandespecks Street Beat prototype.

chris laney

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2006, 05:43 PM »
How about Jason Hassles Candy Apple red Trick Star I think he rode it at a comp in Newcastle Oh my god what a bike!!!!!

WizardWeb

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2006, 10:14 PM »
DMC's green 86 Master

mantadave

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Andy ruffells supergoose 1 and pro class in all the  adverts . mike buffs ripper R L s redline  :4_17_5:   
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 11:18 AM by mantadave »

P0LL0

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 12:38 PM »
How about Jason Hassles Candy Apple red Trick Star I think he rode it at a comp in Newcastle Oh my god what a bike!!!!!

He won the highest air comp at Mons on that bike as well 7feet i think  :daumenhoch:

duncan

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 01:38 PM »
The first Candy Red Trick Star I saw was Jose Juarez in BMX Plus, he was the back-flip guy.
I'd forgotten about that, it was probably the nicest looking bike I'd seen.

Frosty

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Wizard, did Greg Hill have a pink bike or was it just the pink race kit? I'd love to see some pics of said bike though?

Most memorable for me without a doubt (race bike though) is the DB Harry Leary Turbo - there had just not been anything like it before - stunning and combined with one of the coolest race colours to boot!!

ronnie360

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2006, 08:36 PM »
gen 1 for me all the way but frazer campbell,s c/c prolite prototype in baby blue

and white tuffs was a nice bike  :daumenhoch:

chris laney

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 07:22 PM »
Is it me or did we love our bikes more than the kids of today do? I mean I used to strip my bike every week & greese it & polish... or was I just really anal?!!!!!
I had alush white skyway freestyle with light blue tuffs it waqs imaculate & looked like I was sponsered by them I loved it. Laters

motomagII

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2006, 08:40 PM »
most memorable was ruffells team burner .ruffells orange beat ,and the gold hutch trickstar .also dont know who rode it but what inspired my and my first bmx was mongoose motomag .being young and nyieve i loved the look of them wheels and had to have .man they weighed some

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Most remembered rider's bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx