gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 04:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  85 RL20II Restoration & Build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 85 RL20II Restoration & Build  (Read 13512 times)

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
Re: 85 RL20II Restoration & Build
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 09:09 PM »
You finished the RL yet then fella :P

Gonna be a worth botm entry for sure, I know I'd give it my vote ;)

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 10:02 PM »
Try and find the matching Masters if you can bro  :daumenhoch:

I will have to put Indiana Jones on that one..........

I have a pair of NOS White and a fair condition black pair of masters which I've toyed with (the white look great) but I will most probably go satin hp48's which I've had done by Jay and rebuilt with new stainless steel spokes at my LBS. The Satin looks fantastic against the chrome on the forks and rear triangle - I tried a set of chrome hp48's and they look alittle too blingy. But if anyone has the hazard yellow masters, let me know!!

When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 10:04 PM »
You finished the RL yet then fella :P

Gonna be a worth botm entry for sure, I know I'd give it my vote ;)

I'm on it over the next weekend, once I've made my mind up on the wheels. It might go botm, but as Nitrohoppers recently won I can't see it doing well, two rl's in a row.
And BMX.

Offline eddie kidd

• Rockwalk
  • 22 years 23 days 24 minutes
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 12:45 AM »
Looking forward to seeing this built up... :)

Can't wait till i'm at that stage...

All i have is a cardboard box of 'bits'... :(
Wanted Green Oakley B2 Grips...Nos...

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 06:28 PM »
Just got to love them wrap around tubes  :)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 02:30 AM »
any updates dude?  :popcorn:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 08:41 PM »
Hi Guys, thanks for asking for an update. I had a really heavy month in December, 2 clients screaming for projects and all deciding everything had to be finished by Christmas and all stressing how important they are so I ended up burning myself out pretty badly and as a result, I had no time to progress this build.

I did find time today to build it up a bit more and  made my mind up on the wheels (the white peregrines master might still make it) and crank set (white over a chrome set of flights I had).

The score is the chroming on the front and rear forks is so well done, putting chrome hp48's on it makes it look to blingy, takes the edge of the frameset, so the contrast of the satin of the chosen hp's hubs and rims, the satin flight chain wheel and the satin repop techmatic all looks pretty darn cool.

I'm just waiting for some purple B1B sleeves (breaks my usual rule of grip and seat colour must the same) but it works well with the purple squares on the redline decals. I've got a repop forklifter plate with a full set of RL/BMX Action decals ready to go so all good.

It doesn't look it in the pictures, but the kashimax is the perfect colour match to the hazard yellow.

Going to get this finished in Jan and get some better pictures outdoors with the rest of the RL20 family.............

And BMX.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 09:21 PM »
Looking great  :4_17_5:

Is that a set of VDC freestyle bars I spy on the mantlepiece, I'll give them a home if you want  ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:24 PM by Picklez »
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Looking great  :4_17_5:

Is that a set of VDC freestyle bars I spy on the mantlepiece, I'll give them a hope if you want  ;)

Thanks, but them there bars are gonna sit nicely on the vdc freestyler sitting beside em! If you was thinking for your GHP, I agree, their the best bars for that frameset...
And BMX.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Lucky man, and yes I was aiming them for the Trix. Got a set of gen 2 vdc woody's that will be donors until I turn a set of the freestyles up, they definitely work well on the trix. Just the damn budget on some of these parts  - put then my rule is to spend what I can when I can and not regret it :)
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2015, 09:36 PM »
Lucky man, and yes I was aiming them for the Trix. Got a set of gen 2 vdc woody's that will be donors until I turn a set of the freestyles up, they definitely work well on the trix. Just the damn budget on some of these parts  - put then my rule is to spend what I can when I can and not regret it :)

Funny that, as I have a set of the VDC woodys that I was gonna use on the VDC until the bars came along....
And BMX.

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2015, 09:50 PM »
loving the RL chap, sorry for bring this topic back from a VDC takeover :D

The fireplace seems to have more stuff put on it recently, man my missus would go crazy with that much stuff in the house :P I thought the bars were action zone, I thought they looked  the part as well.

Got a spare black elina kicking about?

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 10:11 PM »

[/quote]

sorry man, no can do on the elina. Only have one and its planned for a PK build, the only race bike I'm doing..
And BMX.

Offline eddie kidd

• Rockwalk
  • 22 years 23 days 24 minutes
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Looking good... 8)

Satin wheels are the right choice in my opinion... :daumenhoch:
Wanted Green Oakley B2 Grips...Nos...

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 11:11 PM »

sorry man, no can do on the elina. Only have one and its planned for a PK build, the only race bike I'm doing..
[/quote]

worth an ask :)

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 11:19 AM »

worth an ask :)
[/quote]

That's cool - exactly the way I approach women!
And BMX.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 11:13 PM »
That is looking real nice bud, agree that the satin stuff really makes the frame pop  :slayer:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline nitrohopper

• Site Supporter
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2015, 05:43 PM »
First. Class job my friend very good well done sir
build what u want if u like it then thats all that matters

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 06:47 AM »
bike is lovely. well done.  great job. I always wanted one bitd..
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

griff

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 09:10 AM »
Looking good!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Rusty 73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Just got onto this site. Been looking for a uk based forum for tips, advice and the odd purchase here and there  "help". I'm 41 years young and starting to get back my bmx craving again after 25 years, the wife thinks i've gone bonkers  :crazy2:. My old ride back in the day was a Redline RL20ii fully chromed, hence why ive jumped straight on this topic. So jealous of ya mate, beautiful examples you've got there. And how can someone ave so many top rides in their collection ? Unfortunately that old ride I had was lost like a few brain cells when I was growing up. Brought a 2000 mint GT Performer six months ago to ride with my 11 year old daughter on days out. But looking desperately for a proper older ride to tinker with. Any tips on getting one without paying Ebay stupid prices ? Sorry to go on, first post ( based in Essex, nr. Brentwood ).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:38 PM by Rusty 73 »
The wife says most blokes buy a flash car or a fast motorbike when they turn 40 ...........

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2015, 08:12 PM »
Just got onto this site. Been looking for a uk based forum for tips, advice and the odd purchase here and there  "help". I'm 41 years young and starting to get back my bmx craving again after 25 years, the wife thinks i've gone bonkers  :crazy2:. My old ride back in the day was a Redline RL20ii fully chromed, hence why ive jumped straight on this topic. So jealous of ya mate, beautiful examples you've got there. And how can someone ave so many top rides in their collection ? Unfortunately that old ride I had was lost like a few brain cells when I was growing up. Brought a 2000 mint GT Performer six months ago to ride with my 11 year old daughter on days out. But looking desperately for a proper older ride to tinker with. Any tips on getting one without paying Ebay stupid prices ? Sorry to go on, first post ( based in Essex, nr. Brentwood ).

YO! Welcome to RAD! get yourself a site supporters tag and you will be able to use the for sale/ wanted section and take advantage of friendly forum prices! most people only put their stuff on ebay if it doesn't sell here!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2015, 09:29 PM »
 :daumenhoch:   "wantit" nice one ... looks great in Yellow  :4_17_5:
Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2015, 07:12 AM »
Thanks for the words on the build - I'm based local to you in Upminster so once you've got yourself one built let me know! No idea on getting one low price except buy in USA and ship over!
And BMX.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  85 RL20II Restoration & Build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx