gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 01:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Spotted this GT for sale
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spotted this GT for sale  (Read 4570 times)

Offline SAFRANEV6RXE

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Spotted this GT for sale
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:01 AM »
Hi folks,
I,ve spotted this GT for sale on E-bay,looks stunning BUT i fell its a tad expensive,its been through 3 times before and hasn,t reached £500 what do you all think,whats right or wrong with it???
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Old-School-Bmx-/261708411126?pt=UK_Collectables_Bicycle_RL&hash=item3cef0970f6
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:03 AM by SAFRANEV6RXE »

Offline SAFRANEV6RXE

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Spotted this GT for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 09:08 AM »
This is its current listing
Previous listing do show other pics of it,but the description is lacking detail,but the bike looks stunning!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Old-School-Bmx-/261718644030?pt=UK_Collectables_Bicycle_RL&hash=item3cefa5953e

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09 AM »
Is this your bike?
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline SAFRANEV6RXE

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Nope not mine,but it does look stunning i think.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:45 AM »
EBay tends to show the true value of an item in the main, there are exceptions.

At £500 he should have snapped their hand off.

Why? Just look at the components!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 11:02 AM »
EBay tends to show the true value of an item in the main, there are exceptions.

At £500 he should have snapped their hand off.

Why? Just look at the components!
Nick, the guy has a buy it now for £950 and a reserve of £950. Even though the bids reached £500, it still can't be bought until you hit the magical £950  :D

And that is no £950 bike IMO  :-\  Most of the parts are cheap parts and available everywhere  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:05 PM by Gnarlyscoots™ »
BANNED

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 12:28 PM »
Fully aware of that Terry but he can always contact that bidder out with the sale. I just think £500 is a fair price. He's got to be smoking something if he seriously thinks it's worth almost a grand.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Meh bike imo, nice frame and forks, everything else is crap.

Offline SAFRANEV6RXE

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 08:00 PM »
This is why i need to ask,i know nothing about these bikes and wanted some tips about this one.
He won,t take under £900 posted!
Is it really full of crap parts,postage is expensive aswell.....

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 09:36 PM »
This is why i need to ask,i know nothing about these bikes and wanted some tips about this one.
He won,t take under £900 posted!
Is it really full of crap parts,postage is expensive aswell.....

If you have £900+ to spend on a GT performer you could do a lot better than that bike.  Frame and forks are the only bits I would want, the rest of it I would bin and start again.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 09:59 PM »
Frame and forks are the only bits I would want, the rest of it I would bin and start again.
+1   :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 10:42 PM »
He has used parts 'from all over the world'.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 03:02 PM »
That's probably the worst 85 rep I've ever seen!

It's not even an 85!

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 03:05 PM »
That's probably the worst 85 rep I've ever seen!

It's not even an 85!

It was originally up for £950. Joke!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:43 PM by That Swan Guy »

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 10:32 PM »
I wouldn't swear on it, but the orange GT is looks like an 86 ;) Could be a very late 85 though.

The other one is an 87-88, they don't seem to go for much. Gotta look for an 84 if you want rare, or rare as a Performer could get. :)

Some people take a punt on ebay, you never know when a old bloke with a nostalgia thing might just not be arsed to build a bike themselves, take the Hutch trickstar that's been on ebay loads at £8.5k :P

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 01:38 PM »

Some people take a punt on ebay, you never know when a old bloke with a nostalgia thing might just not be arsed to build a bike themselves, take the Hutch trickstar that's been on ebay loads at £8.5k :P

I hope no one is stupid enough to buy that! It is nice but not 8.5k nice!! and look at the state of the pedal cages on it  ::)
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14 PM »

I hope no one is stupid enough to buy that! It is nice but not 8.5k nice!! and look at the state of the pedal cages on it  ::)

That Hutch is very nice, tasty build for sure, but 8.5k is crazy money :D Some of the prices on ebay.com these days seem a bit out there, either that or the market has changed since I last bought anything ???
When you factor in the customs that usually get slapped on, becomes a bit rich :-[

Might sell my MAster on .com instead of UK :)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 02:35 PM »
I know what you mean....was thinking that myself that have seen some mad u.s prices recently. More of a crack problem there I reckon!! seen stuff like a tatty pair of skyway axle extenders for $60 when nos ones on same page for $20 WTF?? nearly sent him a message to ask what he was smoking! There is loads more stuff over there and prices have traditionally been more favourable even when you factor customs charges in..... ::)

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 08:35 PM »
I know what you mean....was thinking that myself that have seen some mad u.s prices recently. More of a crack problem there I reckon!! seen stuff like a tatty pair of skyway axle extenders for $60 when nos ones on same page for $20 WTF?? nearly sent him a message to ask what he was smoking! There is loads more stuff over there and prices have traditionally been more favourable even when you factor customs charges in..... ::)

Your right chap, most of my frames are from the US, and were defo less expensive than the UK, even with customs charges. But I'm talking 10 years or so ago. These days the US bargains seem few and fair between sadly. :( Nearly bid on that RL20II radberry but forgot about end of auction tonight, good price £490 ::) How's yours doing, lovely build that.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 11:53 PM »

Your right chap, most of my frames are from the US, and were defo less expensive than the UK, even with customs charges. But I'm talking 10 years or so ago. These days the US bargains seem few and fair between sadly. :( Nearly bid on that RL20II radberry but forgot about end of auction tonight, good price £490 ::) How's yours doing, lovely build that.

The Rl-20? it's gone! went on ebay for silly money! now rebuilding my old bike, which I should never of sold! run of the mill stuff still cheaper but the good stuff seems worse than here now!!

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 10:33 PM »

The Rl-20? it's gone! went on ebay for silly money! now rebuilding my old bike, which I should never of sold! run of the mill stuff still cheaper but the good stuff seems worse than here now!!

You've sold the RL20 already ??? did you split? Silly money good or bad? I've got one as well I might have to sell along with my 84 Master :P

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Spotted this GT for sale

gfxgfx
gfx gfx