gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975640 Posts in 138928 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 05:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tensor, Schauff And Another Company ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tensor, Schauff And Another Company ?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Tensor, Schauff And Another Company ?
« on: January 16, 2015, 09:38 PM »
It's been a long while since I have been on here but spent the Christmas holidays looking on ebay for bargains.
I still haven't even seen what was my first BMX a Tensor Magnum anywhere.
Now there have been a few Tensor BMX's on there but not the exact type I had. Mine was one of the black framed ones with gold brakes and wheels, euro bottom bracket with cotter pin crank and a pair of gussets on the front triangle. It looked very similar to Kuwahara of similar age.

Does anyone remember having one of these, does the description sound right and are their any pictures anywhere ?

When I searched around a few years back I found that Tensor cycles bought the bikes from Schauff but I seem to remember another manufacturer was mentioned but don't know who it was.

I think if I ever find the exact model it will be more luck then anything else, probably be easier getting a Kuwahara frame and fitting a euro bottom bracket shell on it !

If I don't get this mid life thing out of the way soon it will be too late and there will be a crisis !

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Tensor, Schauff And Another Company ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:44 PM »
Kahlkof were very similar to Schauff and tensor

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:57 PM »
Might have been them, not sure, thanks though.

Offline retrogeezer

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 11:18 PM »
I had the exact same bike as you SteveG, my mate bought one a few weeks before me and got a black bike with gold bits and a one piece crank. He said to me make sure I order a 'BMX Magnum Gold' so I did but I got the one with the cotterpin cranks - I was gutted! Had to carry spares at all times.

I took the stickers off and put Mongoose ones on it which amazingly did fool a few people.

I've never see the same one and I've never see the advert that used to be in the paper for tensor (Darlington) I remember they also had racing bikes (2 for £100) at the same sort of time and a posher 'Rudi Altig' racer.

I'd love to see that ad, got no photos of mine either. :(

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 12:07 AM »
Hi Retrogeezer, I have spoken to you about this before I think. I had a catalogue or similar I think and it also had the mag wheeled one with gears on it.
I might ask my Mum in case she kept it. I wouldn't be at all surprised as I found out she has kept lists of all the presents I got since I was born !
I really don't need the lists or I will end up buying replacements for all the stuff I didn't keep.

While looking around recently I spotted a few Peugeot BMX's that look similar apart from having a pressing round the hole in the gusset and no mounts for the chain guard. If I could find a picture I would build a replica.

Offline retrogeezer

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 04:42 PM »
did we speak at MK? 

I'd love to see a catalogue, that would be cool. :daumenhoch:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 09:00 PM »
It was a few years back on here I think.

I said Peugeot but it was a Puch I was thinking about. Looking at pictures there is one version that could be the same frame.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Were at least some of the Puch frames made by Akisu ?
There is probably a huge list of companies who bought in frames did they just get different gussets fitted to make them their own ?

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 02:45 PM »
some of the spanish bikes had thyreaded bb. BH , GAC. ETC

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 02:57 PM »
Some of the Tensor Magnums had euro BB's and some had the more normal US spec ones. I keep thinking I ought to sort something out as I would really like to have all 3 of my old bikes. I think the Magnum will have to be the best replica I can build.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tensor, Schauff And Another Company ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx