gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 09:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Another 40 something living in the past ( new to site)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another 40 something living in the past ( new to site)  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Pieshifter

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Another 40 something living in the past ( new to site)
« on: August 07, 2013, 11:03 PM »
 Hi all, thanks for letting me join site much appreciated! Obviously I'm new on here, basically saw an old school burner a while ago and it brought back a lot of teenage memories happy fun times.....so I've purchased my self a mk2 1986 cromo frame n forks with hopefully the intention of doing a rebuild! So any help or advice off any fellow members would be fantastic thanks mike.

Offline mattlfc

• Rated:
Re: Another 40 something living in the past ( new to site)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:06 AM »
welcome - nice to see another person reclaiming their youth

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:34 AM »
oi boy, welcome hoay! I think there are more on here with burners, so get it on! :daumenhoch: Also check out http://www.raleighburner.com/phpBB2/

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:43 AM »
welcome to Rad  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 09:14 AM »
Welcome to Rad dude  :daumenhoch:

Offline Pieshifter

• Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Thanx fellas, well f&f arrived today by ups.......gutted because I was at graft so getting redilivered on Monday! Basically at the mo I'm after parts for it thinking of starting with the headset and bars so if any of you boys can help out ie have anything to purchase or can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic! Again thanx. Mike.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 06:34 PM »
I have a decent SR MS 420 stem which i believe were used alot on burners  ???

Get yourself a supporters tag and give your wallet hinge a good oiling  :LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Thanx fellas, well f&f arrived today by ups.......gutted because I was at graft so getting redilivered on Monday! Basically at the mo I'm after parts for it thinking of starting with the headset and bars so if any of you boys can help out ie have anything to purchase or can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic! Again thanx. Mike.

I'll help you Mike. I'm here for you.

Offline Pieshifter

• Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53 PM »
Taken advice from old schoolace, subs paid lol, I'm not expecting things for free and really do appreciate all the help you fellas can offer!  I'm not a bike genius etc although I know it's straight forward screwing this n that together  ::) I'm a tad confused with the appropriate parts required, I'd like to keep it as original as poss etc but at the same time I don't have silly money to throw at it....... So far f&f has stood me to £86 inc p&p! So just a steady plod on parts etc wheel wise I never was a fan of mags so ill be happy with spokeys ! Thanks again.

Offline Pieshifter

• Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 10:32 PM »
Change of plan......been browsing images for colour scheme ideas and really like the look of black & white, so that in mind white levers and callipers, black bars, black pedals, chrome crank & headset, black & white spotted grips.....the more I look into it I'm thinking mixing old with new, don't get me wrong the originals rocked in the day  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Another 40 something living in the past ( new to site)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx