gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 06:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  CONVERSATION: KEITH TREANOR
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CONVERSATION: KEITH TREANOR  (Read 1112 times)

SaMAlex

CONVERSATION: KEITH TREANOR
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:51 AM »
CONVERSATION: KEITH TREANOR

This isn’t your average daily edit, but this is one every BMXer should watch. Great intro by Mat Hoffman and a great insight on Keith—as well as great interviews with Mark Owen and Mat Hoffman. I definitely remember watching S&M‘s 44 Something (a VHS bootleg copy), BMX Inferno, Dirty Deeds and heaps of other videos back in the day and Keith’s riding was some of my favorite. Great to see Keith being honest and transparent… something quite rare in BMX these days. Thanks to Keith Treanor and Nick Stout for putting this together—BMX needs more stuff like this.
-Dig Magazine

“This is a story for anyone who has struggled or is struggling with addiction, who may feel that there’s no other way out. Keith and I both hope this serves as motivational tool to help people realize that climbing out is possible.
I’m very fortunate in being able to call Keith Treanor one of my good friends. I met him a few years ago when he transplanted from New Jersey to my hometown of Oklahoma City. I didn’t know much about him at the time, but quickly learned. Aside from being an all around awesome guy, his passion for BMX is inspiring. I’m privileged to be able to call him my friend.”
- Nick Stout

Not a valid vimeo URL 

SaMAlex

Re: CONVERSATION: KEITH TREANOR
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:52 AM »
I actually found this a bit hard to watch, but the outcome makes is worth while.
Inspirational, for sure!

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:14 AM »
What can You say after watching that? Struck more than a nerve with Myself...Glad He made it through. Always killed it on a Bike, some of that footage is 20 years old!

Should plug His cool site as well www.wehavemotive.com
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Fair play to him to for getting back on track!  Real shame that a set of circumstances can change someones mindset to not care anymore :( , thankfully though he recognised his failure and looks to have made him a stronger person, mentally at least  :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Hmm, I'm going to make a sandwich and a spliff then hit the link.  I  :smitten: Treanor.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 12:35 PM »
a fookin spliff  ;D
dave the bmxing gypo

Radical Mick

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Looks as though he really went through it, glad he seems to have found happiness again and is back on the bike.

Top rider, I remember a few of those video clips.

All the best for the future keith :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 12:52 PM »
Woah, I just can't get my head round the balding hefty guy being keith treanor...
A good watch that, it included my favourite keith bit of all time where he took the 5 bucks, then went straight back round and 360'd it. Brilliant.
And like Hoffman said, it took courage to go back to the "scene"
Well done Keith, you're a good lad.  :)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 01:15 PM »
deffo rubbing it in with the 5 dollars bit 360 the jump after lol
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  CONVERSATION: KEITH TREANOR

gfxgfx
gfx gfx