gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975701 Posts in 138931 Topics by 6357 Members - Latest Member: Srjmarshall August 10, 2024, 12:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  any advice on the setup of this bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: any advice on the setup of this bike  (Read 1002 times)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
any advice on the setup of this bike
« on: June 17, 2006, 04:55 PM »

this is what i use to do street/park tricks and jumps. Thing is, i find it a bit front heavy for my feeling. It's a webco with redline forks, dk inverted stem, gt/profile 3 piece, 44/16, sun rims with revcore hubs. Is it the inverted stem that is making it feel like the front end is miles away? it weighs bugger all but when i do a hop, it's about 10 inches lower than
 on my kuwi laser. does not make any sense to me.
ding dong

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: any advice on the setup of this bike
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 06:41 PM »
I'd say a shorter stem, and pull the bars back so they are in straight line with the forks. The "XL" stem is what is making front heavy. But, that said and done, I know fook all. Ad  :daumenhoch:

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 06:48 PM »
yep, ad's advice is pretty close to what i'd be suggesting too.

was also writing here that i'd suggest flipping the stem, b4 i noticed that it's actually a shafted one. DOH! that'll not work... ;)

Bp.

Lazarou

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Some nice Mid-school bits on that bike! Bars back, seat down sure you'll feel the difference.

Lazarou

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 07:22 PM »
.....and maybe go for a regular shorter stem (that one is at least an XL)

weston

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 08:03 PM »
the bike looks long, lower the seat, it makes a big difference changing the bars, diamondback do some nice new school bars cheap that feel good, i put some on my haro & it made alot of difference. the bike looks like a race bike. it would make a difference changing the frame as you seem to be struggling with the geometry,  if your struggling there are some nice cheap ruption frames on the bay but then you would have to change most parts to what is on your bike. try getting a mid-school gt or something like that.

Bren Gunn

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Sell the DK cruiser stem to me, and put the cash towards a standard DK stem :daumenhoch:

Bren :)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Yep - shorter stem, pull the bars back and drop that seat...should see ya right.

greentoad

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 09:30 PM »
I'm with Stodgy

Yep - shorter stem, pull the bars back and drop that seat...should see ya right.
#

J.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 05:34 PM »
cheers lads, the seat is high because i put it up when i go out with the dog on my bike. I will take your advice and put my gt mallet stem on it and line the bars up with the forks. sorry bren but there is no way i am parting with the stem, that is destined for my kuwi cruiser.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  any advice on the setup of this bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx