gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 13, 2024, 06:07 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Does anyone like late 90's overbuilt dirt jump frames?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Does anyone like late 90's overbuilt dirt jump frames?  (Read 1492 times)

thesku11s

Does anyone like late 90's overbuilt dirt jump frames?
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Because I am thinking of getting rid of one. Only a ruption, but its from 98 when the higher end models were selling for £400 and equally as good as the GT/Haro/Hoffman etc of the time.

Its a ruption Chogger 1998. Massive tubes, all 4130. V-brake bosses (as was the rage around 98, remember odyssey A brake?), wishbone junction, massive dropouts, but just before the 14mm axle boom. So it ironically has 10mm dropouts.

Here is pic of it when I jazzed it up for laughs (yes I put joke mags on it). I still have the original 4 pc bars which are quite nice.

I thought id stick it up here as I dont have selling privelages. I know it is relatively worthless in terms of trying to flog it, but I am strangely attached to it as I spent all my pocket money on it when I was 15. So will happily give it away, for anyone who will truly use it. I live right next to creation skatepark in Brum. If you reckon you can thrash this frame till it breaks, please take it away and do so.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Does anyone like late 90's overbuilt dirt jump frames?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 07:13 PM »
If you let your childhood bike go you will regret it fella, big time, It has to have a residual value. Take it out and ride it, it looks like a nice rider with provenance, I'd ride it

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 07:17 PM »
If you let your childhood bike go you will regret it fella, big time, It has to have a residual value. Take it out and ride it, it looks like a nice rider with provenance, I'd ride it

Good advise.
Just mothball the frame in the attic for a few years!

thesku11s

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Nah its rubbish, I have always hated it.

I had two bikes before it that I actually liked. One was a wee 16incher. And the other was this super light skinny tubed cheapo bike that I did all sorts of bodging/DIY mods on. It was a lot of fun to ride (even lighter than a new school BMX because it was so flimsy). But it got robbed. Then I invested in the Ruption, silly mistake. I was never a ballsy enough rider to chuck myself over big dirt jumps. So the weight of the damn thing was super-overkill.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Nah its rubbish, I have always hated it.

I had two bikes before it that I actually liked. One was a wee 16incher. And the other was this super light skinny tubed cheapo bike that I did all sorts of bodging/DIY mods on. It was a lot of fun to ride (even lighter than a new school BMX because it was so flimsy). But it got robbed. Then I invested in the Ruption, silly mistake. I was never a ballsy enough rider to chuck myself over big dirt jumps. So the weight of the damn thing was super-overkill.
I hated my first bmx fella, a dingo from toys R us with matchstick mags cotterpin cranks. But I'd kill for one right now, never found one though

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 07:27 PM »
 :) I think Hudu is after one of these.It`ll do him good as he`s gone all carbons and clips these days :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Does anyone like late 90's overbuilt dirt jump frames?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx