gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 07:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Anyone got some info about a simple debut frame?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone got some info about a simple debut frame?  (Read 2774 times)

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Anyone got some info about a simple debut frame?
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Hi, I recently bought a Simple Debut frame off ebay for a tenner, it had been rattle canned black and basically then left in a shed, so the guy was just getting rid.  I bought it with a view to stripping it and selling it on.

Then I bought a complete off someone I know, has excellent parts, hollowbites, ody sevenka and proper magnatianium back wheel, ody race forks, fbm bars etc all on a really excellent condition Macneil Freimuth frame.

The freimuth is really lovely, sanko cromo and really nice paint, but has a 21 inch top tube and a longer back end than I'm used to.  Its got a US bb and regular cane creek headset.  but, overall its a bit long for me

So I started thinking about keeping the Debut and swapping the parts over, as its got a noticeably shorter back end and the stamp on the bb shell confirms its a 20.6, and have started stripping it fully
this is how it started off:

So far I have completely stripped the front triangle, and I have to say it's really nice in raw with some natural marks on it similar to a raw curtis that I had a while ago. it has a machined head tube and seat tube and really nicely welded.  I was just wondering if anyone knows the frame specs, when they came out etc .  I can't seem to find that much, only thinking that it might be a 2007 because under the black spray was a sort of chocolate brown paint and there is a 2007 on BMX museum in a similar colour.  it takes a spanish bb and internal headset

Cheers
Gav

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone got some info about a simple debut frame?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Give Stodgy a call at the RADSHOP he'll be able to give you any info you need  :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:05 PM »
Found this info on the net  :daumenhoch:

TT 20.2, 20.6, 21"
CS length- 13.78-14.43
CS brake mounts, lowered for chain clearance
4.96 pounds
double-butted top and downtubes, machined-out dropouts
74.5* head tube, 71* seat tube
11.97 bottom bracket height
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Thanks Fugazi, top notch and very quick, I did all sorts of searches but didn't come up with those.

I think mine must have the shorter back end, and I've got a fly bikes brake so that will fit on the chain stay brake mounts, I'm running 28/10 so it's not ultra small gearing (by today's standards at least!!)

Will get it sorted and see if I can sell on the Macneil instead. 

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 02:46 PM »
No problem, that looks like 28/10 will clear on there easily, I had 25/9 on a Failure Bikes frame with chainstay mounts  :daumenhoch:

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Got some pics done of the Macneil now I've finished tweaking.  got some 28x8 bars from an FBM complete, and an Eastern JFK stem, Aitken Plyte redwall from Fraz on the front and aTioga Powerblock out back. 

As I said, its a long bike, and at the moment the chain could do with shortening as the back wheel is at the back of the dropouts too, so I think I'll still be swapping over to the debut frame when its stripped

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Liking the Macneil  :daumenhoch:

madmike-bmx

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:50 AM »
DUDE keep the macneil such a good frame i miss mine now looking at this

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Anyone got some info about a simple debut frame?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx