gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975629 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 04:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  streak and viper
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: streak and viper  (Read 678 times)

Moza

streak and viper
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:42 PM »
whats the difference's ????

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: streak and viper
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 10:51 PM »
i think the streak was chromoly and the viper mild steel,the viper was also dinky,made for v small riders,although the ss wasnt much bigger.the viper came with pants parts as standard but the ss was a bit more spec'd  up
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Juju

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Yep, as above, SS was cromo front triangle, with Araya 7x, DC 890, Cromo forks, bars, Sugino stem, sugino stamped cromo 1pc, and the viper was the same frame but in plain steel throughout,  and taiwanese parts.  The SS frame was made by Koizumi in Japan, the Viper by Akisu in Taiwan.

See www.os-db.net for full details - Sparky's site. He's the expert.

The bikes do look similar, but a SS has "Diamond Back II" decals on downtube.  Viperjust says "Diamond Back" so it potentially might look like a DB medium pro frame, which is full cromo, but differentiated by the gague of the rear dropouts.

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13 AM »
The Silver Streak and Viper were the same geometry, different frame materials in areas and manufactured by different companies. The SS was fabricated by Koizumi (Tange Tubing) and the Viper Akisu. You can read more detailed specifications here. :daumenhoch:

http://www.os-db.net/content.php?140-Silver-Streak

http://www.os-db.net/content.php?147-Viper-1st-Generation

The Silver Streak was released as a cheaper 'racing' alternative to the Medium Pro (same geometry but full Cr-Mo) and the Viper a cheaper alternative to SS, Street bike. There's loads more I could tell you but don't want to bore the sock off you. :LolLolLolLol:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Moza

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Thanks for all your replies all very very helpfull, when ive looked at pictures I was unable to tell the two frames apart. Its strange that the SS was better than the Viper......the name Viper has much more impact than the name Silver streak, and of course  Diamond back and viper are both snakes. Watch someone tell me a silver streak is now lol.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 12:02 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: sorry moza but it is mate  :LolLolLolLol: its a python.

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 02:51 PM »
...and the Viper was named after the BSG fighters.  :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  streak and viper

gfxgfx
gfx gfx