gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 08:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  After 2 Years the 20"" JMC Collection is complete !! A labour of love
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: After 2 Years the 20"" JMC Collection is complete !! A labour of love  (Read 9583 times)

jon016847

Hi Jon

Congratulations they look amazing, words fail me!

Now that the big exspense is out of the way and the collection is complete, if possible i'd save up and get a professional photo shoot done and even ask JM if he would come over the pond and be in some of the photographs.

You could send a return ticket for little money, put him up, show him the full collection and maybe even get a speed typist / short hand writer to get down all of your comments, and also his responses about the bikes, how they where built, the history on each one, who rode them etc etc.

That would be a memory for ever and a moment that could never be repeated, you could maybe even get some articles into magazines and a chapter in a book, or a whole book written. I for one would love to know more about each bike and their history.

An outstanding collection and real class.  :4_17_5:

J.

That would be cool, Jim is a fantastic person and we have been speaking regutrlary since i started my collection, he helps out the whole community with history on the bikes, serial numbers etc,  I am proud to say that WORLD BMX magazine did an artical on JMC and they interviewed JIM and used pics from my collecion, I need to get it scanned and posted !!   

As for a professional photoshoot, absolutly, I need to get round to that,

As for a trip across the pond, that would be amazing, sadly Jim  and Vera have not been so well recentley, my thoughts are with them !

Jon W

Frosty

Jon,

The collection is simply amazing! It has been said a couple of times before, move on to the cruisers :daumenhoch:

Paul

gregster

jon, not a lot left to be said that hasn't already been written.

Amazing collection, a peice of bmx history. Mr Melton will be proud!  :daumenhoch:

So what's next? Are you thinking about collecting any more or are you concentrating on racing again with that new carbon machine?

g

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Jon
that truly is a stunning collection of bikes

:daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

se

Difficult to know what to say other than, well - PERFECT. Well done, a massive amount of work must have gone into these.

When are you going to get pads for them all, so the collection is properly finished?  :coolsmiley:

And what's next - the Burner collection?  ::)

jon016847

Difficult to know what to say other than, well - PERFECT. Well done, a massive amount of work must have gone into these.

When are you going to get pads for them all, so the collection is properly finished?  :coolsmiley:

And what's next - the Burner collection?  ::)

Thanks SE, I do have a selection of Pads,  But i dont like them on show builds, takes away from the overall asthetics of the build. I will not be investing in amy more pads, but I do have black, Red, Blue, and a JMC plate, So i could adorn any of the bikes indivdually with an appropriate coloured pad set.

Sorry no burners for me, but respect to those who build them, some great examples do come up, even if they are not everyones taste !!

Whats next,  No more collecting, Just a collection to treasure,  Its New School and racing all the way for me,   cant wait to get back on the gate,

Watch the lights !!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:47 PM by jon016847 »

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Nothing more i can add, amazing :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:   Sit back and relax my friend, you've earned it. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

se

Jon it is the world's best collection in my estimation and I was just taking the p*ss about the pads, fear not! To be honest I get up some morning and take the pads off my bikes, and other days I put them on. I'm just like a woman making those tricky wardobe decisions...

jon016847

Jon it is the world's best collection in my estimation and I was just taking the p*ss about the pads, fear not! To be honest I get up some morning and take the pads off my bikes, and other days I put them on. I'm just like a woman making those tricky wardobe decisions...

LOL  I know what you mean,   pads / no pads,   guess once a month pads are a good thing.  LOL

LOL

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
carrot

othomas2

Wow...  :o incredible collection. Well Done to you sir.  8)

AJWD

What are you going to do now fella? Maybe therapy?!

romboijon

cool bikes  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  After 2 Years the 20"" JMC Collection is complete !! A labour of love

gfxgfx
gfx gfx