gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 10:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Massive parts sale on eBay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Massive parts sale on eBay  (Read 2681 times)

monkian

Massive parts sale on eBay
« on: December 17, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but there looks like quite a stash of goodies coming round from this seller.
I don't know the guy so can't vouch for him. Also selling under new eBayer status so might be best to get info on him first.

Anyhow here's his stuff:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/helixbmx/sets/
and here's his eBay profile (check out items for sale link)
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/2011rocket/

Hope it's useful :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:11 PM by monkian »

Rodgy1970

Re: Massive parts sale on eBay
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:22 PM »
Wow if thats legit theres a hell of a lot of money there  :shocked:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Are you on commission ?  :LolLolLolLol:

If it's the bloke who owns/owned Helix then he's a twonk anyhow , asked him sometime back for some long bolts/wedges etc before AndyRooski was doing them and he could'nt be arsed in the slightest .

twat .

monkian

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Are you on commission ?  :LolLolLolLol:

If it's the bloke who owns/owned Helix then he's a twonk anyhow , asked him sometime back for some long bolts/wedges etc before AndyRooski was doing them and he could'nt be arsed in the slightest .

twat .

Like I said:
I don't know the guy so can't vouch for him. Also selling under new eBayer status so might be best to get info on him first.

:daumenhoch:

Rodgy1970

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 02:52 PM »
You'd wonder just how he has the best of everything brand new boxed, does he have no crap used stuff like me  :-\

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 03:02 PM »
hmmm

This is the Helix eBay account I've always known:

http://myworld.ebay.com/2001rocket/

Maybe he's got a second one???

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 04:17 PM »
hmmm

Looks that way maybe , the ebay profile/user link in the first post ^^^ has zero feedback .

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 04:20 PM »
just cos he didnt replay to you matt doesnt make him a twat...

maybe he heard you were a massive homo and wanted nothing to do with you?

:D

i have had stuff of fhim in the past and the dealings were painless to be fair, although looking at this listings, he's selling up everything inclduign all his machining stuff etc.

another one bites the dust!

ozone

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Not the best time of year to put your gear up for sale and expect a decent price for it. :-\

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 04:34 PM »
might not have the luxury of timing...

however some of his stuff will fetch strong bat.

i was bidding on a bmx addict kashi the other day and it went for about 200 quid!!

he has some ok gear, so will probably do ok.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 04:45 PM »
just cos he didnt replay to you matt doesnt make him a twat...

Jon , He was recommended to me because he is/was supposedly interested in the OS scene what with making repro stems etc on top of that .  He did reply but could'nt be bothered , made up any excuse he could think of . Anyone knows it's not easy finding long bolts & wedges for Tuf/Pro Necks but like I say he was'nt interested but he'd still want peeps to buy his repro'ed stems etc . I'm interested in helping peeps if I can to do with this hobby , people are different I guess .

I'll not be bidding on his OS stuff for sure because in my book people help each other out , like I said ..... twat . 

monkian

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 06:11 PM »
hmmm

If it's the same guy,
100% Positive Feedback after 3786 left seems like an encouraging sign ???
I've just sent him a message to find out for sure.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:14 PM by monkian »

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 08:40 PM »
OK - I just got a reply

Quote: "Dan,

Yes, it’s me.  I am using the other account to be able to keep track of everything easier and to be able to direct the funds into a different PayPal/bank acct.

Thanks for your interest.

Best Regards,
Greg"

So I'm fairly sure that means all legit and bid away - I bought from Helix before with no problems - hope that continues

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 09:26 PM »

Jon , He was recommended to me because he is/was supposedly interested in the OS scene what with making repro stems etc on top of that .  He did reply but could'nt be bothered , made up any excuse he could think of . Anyone knows it's not easy finding long bolts & wedges for Tuf/Pro Necks but like I say he was'nt interested but he'd still want peeps to buy his repro'ed stems etc . I'm interested in helping peeps if I can to do with this hobby , people are different I guess .

I'll not be bidding on his OS stuff for sure because in my book people help each other out , like I said ..... twat . 

this reply will seem a bit controversial, but i think your being a bit out of order ?

maybe, he was busy with something else and didnt give you what you considered to be an appropriate measure of his time or interest?

maybe, he gets loads of messages from people here and the states for the same thing, and doesn t want to go down the route of doing the parts etc, as he's busy enough with what he was doing with completes or work elsewhere?

maybe he's sold up, becaase things in his 'real' life outside of the bmx world have got the better of him and he needs to divert his resource elsewhere, for some reason or other,. Could be a million reasons, none of which make him a 'twat'

there a plenty of people on here, that have loads of unused, and unlikely to be used surplus stock in their hordes, that dont bother trying to help people out, even with wanted adds going up? are they twats too

sorry if i've come across the wrong way, but the bloke probabbly deserves better from someone like you who has a long serving interest in this hobby/sport?

as i said earlier, i've bought from him a few times now, and he's been great to deal with every trip.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:38 PM by J.T »

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 10:24 PM »
I think everyone entitled to their own opinions

If Matt's had either a bad deal or emails that suggest otherwise - I think its fine he posts up so that people can make a decision.

And likewise I've never had a problem with Helix bmx or their products so I'm posting here.

Either ways I know he should have some nice goodies come up for sale - some of which the majority of us here won't even sand a chance or bidding for and some that might just do the trick and be affordable.

All I wanted to do was check that the second account was legitimate.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 11:10 PM »

this reply will seem a bit controversial, but i think your being a bit out of order ?

maybe, he was busy with something else and didnt give you what you considered to be an appropriate measure of his time or interest?

maybe, he gets loads of messages from people here and the states for the same thing, and doesn t want to go down the route of doing the parts etc, as he's busy enough with what he was doing with completes or work elsewhere?

maybe he's sold up, becaase things in his 'real' life outside of the bmx world have got the better of him and he needs to divert his resource elsewhere, for some reason or other,. Could be a million reasons, none of which make him a 'twat'

there a plenty of people on here, that have loads of unused, and unlikely to be used surplus stock in their hordes, that dont bother trying to help people out, even with wanted adds going up? are they twats too

sorry if i've come across the wrong way, but the bloke probabbly deserves better from someone like you who has a long serving interest in this hobby/sport?

as i said earlier, i've bought from him a few times now, and he's been great to deal with every trip.

JT , not at all controversial . It just reinforces something that's alive & kicking on most if not all forums , everyone is entitled to an opinion  ;) .

My experience was'nt good , yours has been .

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Bloody hell that was resolved painlessly

That's becuse you're both damn fine chaps

intelligent,  :coolsmiley:

well mannered ,  :4_17_5:

and no doubt  have dabbled in bum fun  :-\      :LolLolLolLol:

Feel the love and respect for each other on RAD  :smitten:

youngy

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 11:26 PM »
 :wtf: LOOK at the sets of Red Oakley 3's :smitten: No wonder I can't get any FFS :LolLolLolLol: PM sent heres hoping ;)

Rodgy1970

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 01:56 AM »
There's quite a few items up now and those clever yanks are bidding away like fook the way they always do  :idiot2:

Why o why do they not know to leave bidding until the last few seconds like everyone else  :crazy2:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Massive parts sale on eBay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx