gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  geoff cain getting all up in the air
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: geoff cain getting all up in the air  (Read 4300 times)

Dr.Robotnik

Re: geoff cain getting all up in the air
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 01:17 PM »
As for those disc guards looking horrid which is the general consensus, I always thought they looked great, they just made me think that person loves a good grind and has thought about protecting their set-up. I'm a function over fashion man myself and like the look.

For sure. Have you seen any photos of my bike from the early 90s?
Not nice to look at at all, but it didnt fall apart .... all that often!  :LolLolLolLol:

Yeah man, deff nice looking bikes.

I liked how free it all was back then with all sorts of weird and wonderful set-ups just so people could ride, but I had no knowledge of anything really so didn't understand the purpose of all the mods like I do now.

I just thought as well, I've always been a fan of being different and when I was getting a bike around 1997 I really really wanted LHD (I didn't know why people had it :uglystupid2:) I just wanted a bike different to the other guys. Thankfully I couldn't afford it and also because I ride left foot forward and go from left to right. ;D

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 05:00 PM »
all these hubs ,PE,rekka ,sym ,gsport ,truck wheels ,circle g and even zima frames are for me bloody inspirational
from the rider from what they wanted and got it made,yes i own all these parts and i hunted the uk to source them
and bloody glad i did ..90s rule

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 05:28 PM »
all these hubs ,PE,rekka ,sym ,gsport ,truck wheels ,circle g and even zima frames are for me bloody inspirational
from the rider from what they wanted and got it made,yes i own all these parts and i hunted the uk to source them
and bloody glad i did ..90s rule

Good lad. 90's do rule. If you ever come across a spare PE front and a SYM rear let me know. BTW are they as good as they made out in the magazines? I never ever saw anyone ride one because of the cost.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 05:38 PM »
they are solid units ,they look very hard to bust and large bearings,i am at the moment building a set of wheels
one set with sym front and rear  and the pe hubs into super pros ..will get a pick when done  mine are rhd version.

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 06:10 PM »
they are solid units ,they look very hard to bust and large bearings,i am at the moment building a set of wheels
one set with sym front and rear  and the pe hubs into super pros ..will get a pick when done  mine are rhd version.

Can't wait.

BTW the cost and rarity comment referred to the SYM hubs. Though rare I don't remember PE's being as expensive as SYM's, though I could be wrong.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 06:17 PM »
they did cost hundreds and not many sold,i never new the price of the fronts but rears reached lots
but alot of work went into them and not on a vast scale so costs couldnt be kept down.
mike has been very good to me sorting these throu alex and tim ruck..

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 07:02 PM »
they did cost hundreds and not many sold,i never new the price of the fronts but rears reached lots
but alot of work went into them and not on a vast scale so costs couldnt be kept down.
mike has been very good to me sorting these throu alex and tim ruck..

I understood the economies of scale were not in his favour, not knocking that one bit, but I think they were £345.00 from memory in the late 90's. So I never saw one.

PM sent.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  geoff cain getting all up in the air

gfxgfx
gfx gfx