gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 05:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Redditch!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redditch!  (Read 11924 times)

martsz

Re: Redditch!
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 11:46 PM »
As Matt said old track is still there all be it tiny bumps and parts we've dug trails through.
Pity it could'nt be on the old track site with all the history n that. Epic Anglo American racing BITD.
New track is much better placed with the changing rooms etc.
Still pinching meself its started! :D Will drop down and have a look this week.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 01:49 PM »
Is there a layout pic anywhere of what the track should look like ? ( tried RP website & blog but could'nt find one  :-\ ).

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Is there a layout pic anywhere of what the track should look like ? ( tried RP website & blog but could'nt find one  :-\ ).

no not yet, should have 1 in next week or so  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 08:41 AM »

no not yet, should have 1 in next week or so  :daumenhoch:

Chop chop then Matt !  ;D

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 10:10 PM »
still not got pic layout yet but completion date is scheduled for april 24th  :daumenhoch:
fingers crossed weather dont delay build to much

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 11:32 AM »
couple of pics i took this morning

start hill

track layout

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 09:51 PM »
few more pics from yesterday, first sraight and berm starting to take shape

:)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 10:06 PM »
Thats looking good Matt, I bet you can`t believe your luck having that built on your doorstep  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 07:43 AM »
That's really starting to take shape!  and pretty big to!!   :shocked:

should be quality once thats finished  :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Matt, need to get a chill out meet down there if poss if it's built within the next few months, not far from us either :)

Might have to put me feet down going down that start hill though ;D
Vans Style

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 04:49 PM »
Thats looking good Matt, I bet you can`t believe your luck having that built on your doorstep  :daumenhoch:
gonna be mint bill, instead of driving an hour to nearest track its gonna be five mins away  :) :)

we are hoping its gonna be built for end of april so ready for the summer. will be running os race at the regional we holding in july  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 05:05 PM »
im looking forward to this opening. can see me down there a fair bit :daumenhoch:

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 05:10 PM »
im looking forward to this opening. can see me down there a fair bit :daumenhoch:

See you there Dave  :daumenhoch:

Voodoocars

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 05:49 AM »
I saw the new redditch track last weekend but from the info I have been given its not gonna be a place that you can just turn up and roll around on. Properly built by the lotto funds it has a fence around it and will require membership and insurance to use. Not only that but I think you may have to have a proper 'race spec' bike. I'm not sure what that means but I was told carbon forks / correct gearing and tyres. Full face helmet is also a requirement. This is from the guy that runs the skatepark next door. I dont know how true it is but the way the world is going with h+s it wouldnt suprise me.   

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 09:08 AM »
If that is true Ian, what happend to BMX, thought it was meant to be inclusive rather than exclusive ::) So much for lotto funds 'helping the community'.
Vans Style

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 09:17 AM »
 :(  I grew up less than 5 mins ride from the original track there .. was always open everyone.  Spent most me youth on it. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:22 AM by wildon »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I saw the new redditch track last weekend but from the info I have been given its not gonna be a place that you can just turn up and roll around on. Properly built by the lotto funds it has a fence around it and will require membership and insurance to use. Not only that but I think you may have to have a proper 'race spec' bike. I'm not sure what that means but I was told carbon forks / correct gearing and tyres. Full face helmet is also a requirement. This is from the guy that runs the skatepark next door. I dont know how true it is but the way the world is going with h+s it wouldnt suprise me.   

That sounds a bit far-fetched! Who's gonna be there to calculate your gearing, or decide whether a tyre is any good for a track? I can understand them insisting on some safety gear but it wouldn't surprise me if that dude was stretching the truth a bit. Having said that I've only experince of tracks that are properly open to the public with no fencing etc. What's the deal at other tracks that are fenced-in?

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Well if carbon forks are needed that rules me out cause I dont have Any lol it is being fenced off yeah to stop motorbikes,cars etc being used on it. There will also be club membership for using it yes, this is to go towards the cost of running the place. The club has to pay for the flood lights, and cost of maintaining track etc. There is also showers  and toilets on site that need to be paid for. As for safety gear being worn, I wouldnt think that should be problem, why would you not wanna protect yourself? 

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Matt i can see plenty of sessions there in the summer this year,  25mins for me

thombsie

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Hi Guys,

I dont know where the information came from regarding people needing a race spec bike and membership of the Club to get access to the track, but this is way way off the mark.

The track will be open to anyone to use, everyone is welcome and it is a community facility which is there to encourage use not discourage use, It doesnt matter what bike you are on. Yes of course there will be the usual safety checks to cover our liability insurance. Bikes will need to be safe to use and not likely to endanger the rider or other riders using the track at that time, and yes helmets will definatley be required, but other than that there is no restrictions at all. These sorts of safety checks have to be carried out by all clubs to satisfy their liability insurance, and as Matt said why wouldnt you want to protect yourself against injury. if you dont have a helmet or If people turn up with there bike falling to bits then you can always use a Club bike  or borrow a club helmet,which will be available.

As for costs. We will be charging  a nominal fee to ride the track. this is likely to be a few pounds per day, and if you join as a member and pay an annual membership you will get a reduced fee for using the track and for gate practise. We will probably also offer a track and skatepark day pass for those that want to switch between the two facilities through out the day.

Why will there be a charge?

Like Matt said The Club and Redditch Wheels Project have to pay for the running costs. this means staffing, insurance, paying the water,gas,electric bills, maintenance of the track etc etc. As im sure you can appreciate this doesnt come cheap, and we are all just volunteers with families and day jobs. The Redditch facility will be a very professional facility, with its own club house including showers, toilets and locker facilities, in its own compound meaning a safer enviroment for kids using it, staffed by first aid trained staff, floodlite - meaning late night riding during the winter. You wouldnt expect to turn up at your local swimming baths or golf club and not pay anything to use that facility, so why should your local bmx track be any different, and i really think we need to start seeing bmx facilities in the same way as other leisure facilities, it is an olympic sport and should be more professional and be dragged into the 21st century. We are trying to set the president with Redditch.

I hope my post has elayed a few fears, and confirmed to everyone that we welcome absolutley anyone to come and use our new facility. I for one can not wait. We have got some good stuff in the pipeline for this year. Its gonna be a blast  :D

If anyone has any questions at all please feel free to email me anytime batbmx25@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Benn Thombs
Chairman-Redditch Premiers BMX Club
Secretary and Trustee- Redditch Wheels Project
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:49 PM by thombsie »

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Thanks Matt, and Benn for the comprehensive reply, sounds far much better than what was initially thought, straight from the horses mouth so to speak  :daumenhoch:

Gotta say, massive respect for doing this re time, money, organisation etc, can't imagine the logistics of getting this together so the last thing needed is a beating down.

Will love to see it once complete and I'm sure a lot of Radsters will......think a large dose of bravery pills might have to be in stock for us oldies though ;D

Props
Vans Style

b45t4rd

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Popped up today to see how it's going,  :shocked: how f£cking big are modern tracks!
The site as a whole looks great, good carparking, changing facilities & shitehouses, with the added bonus of a boozer next door.  :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 09:50 PM »
been a bit slack updating pics on here

will go down later on this week to take some more, they started on tarmacing the berms today so shouldnt be to long till its ready to ride  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2010, 06:29 AM »
looking good Matt

looks like I will have to visit "The Ditch" outside of working hours now  :(

Dingo

tymbian

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Looking fantastic, how long before it's rideable?

Another track close to home!!! woop woop! :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Redditch!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx