gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 01:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Some Early-Mid 90s riding pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Some Early-Mid 90s riding pics  (Read 1783 times)

SaMAlex

Some Early-Mid 90s riding pics
« on: November 25, 2009, 02:16 PM »
My mate Taff has finally got round to scanning in a load of old riding photos so I thought Id post some up here. I used to ride with Taff all the time but he was pretty unlucky and had way to many nasty crashes, so doesn’t ride any more.

The first 3 are me at radlands. This is on my second dirtbike that I got in 92/93ish. Its a mk2 with Mexican decals. It didn’t come with 990 mounts, I put them on myself.

The next 2 are the same frame but I had a new dirtbike by then so the purple one got hand painted black and I used it for jumping. These pics were taken on the jump box in my friend Crowmans back garden

Finally a few of the man himself. Taff getting loose, and some of how he paid for it!

JT71

Re: Some Early-Mid 90s riding pics
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 02:37 PM »
loving the pics Alex, get those none bmx ones up of you on the car roof. they crack me up!

:LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 02:59 PM »
get those none bmx ones up of you on the car roof.

These ones?

I have no idea where that is, why Im dancing on my car roof, or why Im wearing a super tight T-shirt  :-[

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10 PM »
cool pics :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

used to love going to radlands for the old world qualifiers, remember one year sleeping in the car outside the park and waking up to a foot of snow and looking out the window to see effraim carrying his bike up the road from his bed & breakfast!!

the old koc car in the street course, that was 92 iirc and the last time we had one in the street course :'( :'( :'(

JT71

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:48 AM »
so tight thermal t's were well cool before Webby was even out of nappies?

you do look happy though Alex!

thecaptain

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 11:27 AM »
thats one hell of a bruise!

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 11:31 AM »
thats one hell of a bruise!

Taff was never one to do things by halves. That was from a small slide out when he was cycling along a toe path next to a river. His front wheel washed out and he landed on the side of a concrete drain cover. It was so bad that they thought he'd messed up his insides and he had to get air lifted away (cos it was miles from any roads).

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Yeah cool pics mate

are you ridin left side drive in that first pic?

Your mates bruise is the worst I've ever seen from ridin'... ouch

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 03:04 PM »
are you ridin left side drive in that first pic?

Left hand drive in the first 3 pics  ;)
That was my second or third prototype  LHD hub (a modified MTB cassette hub) before I started making the whole hub from scratch. On the blunt pic you can see its a 36 spoke araya aero rim with thick guage spokes.

teamsano

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 11:15 PM »
those grifter spoke guards looked awful.

JT71

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 09:39 AM »
NICE PANTS!

:LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 09:40 AM »
those grifter spoke guards looked awful.

Yeah they did! Generally, I hate the look of most of my bikes, esp from the early 90s. I never really was one for style, I just knew what tricks I wanted to do and built my bike for them, even if it was pretty stinky lookin

subversion

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Good pics Alex.

I remember the blood curdling screams when Taff snapped his leg at Radlands one night :P He always went for it though didn't he! I think you (or was it Sboy?) told me a story recently that he was doing a manual in his back garden at a BBQ(?) & looped out & smashed his head on the floor good old Taff :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

Some of the better Radlands layouts in those pics too :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Some Early-Mid 90s riding pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx