gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bullseye hub help!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bullseye hub help!!  (Read 2859 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
bullseye hub help!!
« on: November 27, 2009, 06:08 PM »
ive just received some differant size collars for my hubs as the ones that were on there were never ever gonna fit my t.a,the thing is that the hollow tubey things that the collars alun key to are now poking out by about 1mm each side meaning the wheel still wont fit into the rear dropout,this isnt right is it???do i need smaller tubes(by 2mm?) im guessung that when everything is the correct set up the collars sit flush with the end of the tubes??also ive been sent a set of collars with tapered edges especially for a t.a,do these go on the front forks?it looks like they do but i am clueless when it comes to bullseye hubs,thats what you get for trying to be a smart arse!! :LolLolLolLol:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: bullseye hub help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 07:05 PM »

the best thing to do is give them to me  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 07:11 PM »

the best thing to do is give them to me  :daumenhoch:
if i cant sort these bloody things out then i will gladly part with them.chrome bullseyes laced to chrome arayas :smitten:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 07:15 PM »
 are these the ones with the smaller allen screws ???
ie 1/4"or 5/16" instead of 3/8" ???

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 07:21 PM »
Best is to get some pics up.  So what youre saying is, with the collars on, the set up is too wide to fit into the rear drop outs?  is the frame 110mm accross the drops or 100mm?
Ive got a simliar issue, all my OS frames are 110 which is fine, as the hubs are 110, except the 1 frame I built the wheels for, thats 100mm 

I just spread the frame and worked the wheel in
its a t.a,the rear drops are 105mm apart.the hubs are about 107mm wide,but the spindle is hanging out the end each side by about 1mm,arent they supposed to be flush?
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 07:24 PM »
just gonna sort out a pic,hang on!!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 07:39 PM »
allen key bolts with female axles(i think)2 secs and i will have a very poor pic for you!!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 07:43 PM »
sorry for the pics,my camera is gash!!you can just about make out the axle hanging out the end on the first pic.its the same both sides.in total the axle is about 3mm to wide to fit the rear dropouts,and the axles are supoosed to be flush with the collar ends arent they?'the second pic is of the tapered edge collars especially for a t.a apparently.do the go on the front or back? :crazy2:

Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 08:04 PM »
ok glen,nice one! i might have the wrong collars on that back wheel in the pic,maybe its the tapered ones that go on the back,they are slightly wider than the other collars,that will stop the spindles hanging out the end but aint gonna solve that the whole set up is about 3mm to wide in total for the rear dropouts :-[
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 08:58 AM »

ah just as i suspected , they are definately broken mate ! send them to me and i will dispose of them in an enviromently friendly way

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 01:06 PM »
anybody else with any help please :'(
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 01:36 PM »
cheers glen,thats a big help.so what youre saying is try the tapered ones on the rear wheel,the fact that the set up is about 3mm to wide wont matter as the frame will flex to allow the wheel into place,yeah???
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 01:39 PM »
or just try the ordinary ones and spread the rear forks to allow it to slide in???ooh er!!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 01:55 PM »
ive just had a go but i havent got enough washers for the rear axles anyhows  the overall set up is actually nearer 5mm to big,thats way to far to spread the rear forks isnt it?'the axles are slid as far back into the hub as they will go so maybe i need smaller axles???
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 02:15 PM »
ok this is where im at.i need 2 more washers each side to take up the slack,as the pics show,but it does all look to wide imo,the rear forks were stretched to buggery trying to get the back wheel in(i know the axles are proud but its as far back as they slide in)the width on the set up in the pics even with the axle proud is what the width will be with more washers on

Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 02:23 PM »
ive got the same problem on the front too.its all about 5mm to wide.the forks are being stretched way to wide to accomadate the wheel,this cant  be right??im getting fooked off with this lot,anyone want a mint set of chrome arayas with mint bullseye hubs?? :tickedoff:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 02:25 PM »
just looking at your pics again i think ijust need a washer on the outside of the collars to take up the slack??i will give this a go,then im q
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 02:34 PM »
ok i just got the back wheel in but hey ho the wheel is now over to one side,WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!I Need to put the wide one back on which the wheels came with, but this makes the set up about 15mm to wide!ive had enough!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 03:03 PM »
right ive just put the original wide collar on and managed to fit the back wheel!!!so ive got a small one on the drive side and the wide one on the other,this is how most people seem to have it,once i initailly stretched the frame it went in ok,it doesnt look like theres room for a washer tho on the inside(against the dropout).sooty lives near me,and hes got bulleyes also so im gonna have to pay him a visit sometime.failing that i will swap the wheels for the same with suntour or suzues instead!!cheers for all the help glen,really appreciate it :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 03:54 PM »

they are broken i tell thee , i dont mind coming over to collect them  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bullseye hub help!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx