gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 11:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  N/S Brake Blocks for Chrome Rims.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: N/S Brake Blocks for Chrome Rims.  (Read 745 times)

lodge

N/S Brake Blocks for Chrome Rims.
« on: November 27, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Looking for recommendations for brake blocks for chrome rims, wanting to be able to feather the brakes but also lock them when required.

Cheers

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: N/S Brake Blocks for Chrome Rims.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:27 AM »

cant beat those clear ones for me  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 09:31 AM »

cant beat those clear ones for me  :daumenhoch:

As above, mine work great  :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:36 AM »
I've been running the clear ones but I've had it with them, too noisy, cant feather them, although they lock up amazingly.
Sounds like B/S but they seemed better  in the summer when my rims were covered in dust it stopped the squealing and i could get some modulation.

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 09:39 AM »
id say the clear ones are the best, but i use white gooey pads on the front, theyre really good. maybe see if stodge can get em. not oo pricey either.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 02:00 PM »
kool stop supra2 pads are great for locking on and modulation, only reason i dont use em any more is cause ive got black rims but on a new school chrome rim there the only blocks id use :daumenhoch:

Voodoocars

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58 PM »
I use them long black ones with bmx written on them -  they might be cool stops. Fit them with the leading edge to come into contact with the rim first (about a mm diff between front and rear edge) and they wont squeal and you can feather the brake. Ideal for when youre goin to fast at something but dont want others to know you are using your brake. :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 04:23 PM »
There's a Clarks brake block in most Halfrauds for about £6 a pair and they work a treat;  silent and progressive.  Those new clear jobbies are too harsh for me, I can't get on with them at all.

gobshite

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 05:01 PM »
heatsink.

nothing comes close.

lodge

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Cheers all.

Odyssey have some new pads out in three different compounds,  the slimbyfour in black red and clear, they state that clear are for painted rims only.
I'm running a set of black ones on the front and they seem really nice, running a set of koolstops on the back to compare them,I will post here how i get on.  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 08:09 AM »
ive got the clear ones frm rad sho on one bike and they stop you dead .hard to feather and sqeeky.but they work better than any other i have used.i also have set kool stop 2 white ones on my race ride and they come close second so theymight be better for feathering your brake

christhejob

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 09:15 AM »
what's best for quiet braking on anodised rims?   I got a Wtp Avenue which is amazing, it's got clear pads on a gold rim, i ride up the hill to the co-op and when i blast back downhill with my french fancies it honks like a goose, and i think the resident's association are going to have a word soon!

lodge

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 11:06 AM »
what's best for quiet braking on anodised rims?   I got a Wtp Avenue which is amazing, it's got clear pads on a gold rim, i ride up the hill to the co-op and when i blast back downhill with my french fancies it honks like a goose, and i think the resident's association are going to have a word soon!

Haha the noise gets to you in the end, any of the black blocks will work quietly but will not have the stopping power of the clear and they will rub your anno off after a few rides.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  N/S Brake Blocks for Chrome Rims.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx