gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  advise needed on 80s diamond back, presumed race
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: advise needed on 80s diamond back, presumed race  (Read 5356 times)

In2 bmx

Re: advise needed on 80s diamond back, presumed race
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46 PM »
  Here are some photos . Any DB guys looking in know what these are ?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:48 PM by In2bmx »

sid1972

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 08:10 PM »
why is the robbo on the bed ???   Bit kinky mate  :bondage:    :P

In2 bmx

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Its in the Robin son's Nest ..( spare room ) .. Very full spare room  ;)  ..  :daumenhoch:  Nothing Kinky

dirtydozen

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 08:25 PM »
yeah got a robo mini frame but not the forks, the robo forks pictured are from a pro. The DB frame has been dated as 81 so would say the forks about same age. I had a go with the coke and foil method on them but like the frame they need re-chroming unfortunatly

Try get an ID on the forks very interested if you decide to sell and they will go with my frame

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54 AM »
I have noticed a few of the DBs of this age on bmxmuseum are coloured, have these been restored like this by owners choice or were some available coloured.

Are you refering to the decals or the frame?

yeah was meaning the frame mate

Some DB's came in colours, depended upon the model an options available.

The forks in the picture came on the Pro kit (aka Large Pro) which was available from 1979 to 1981
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

dirtydozen

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 10:25 AM »
is that with regards to the DB forks in2bmx has mate?

How would i find out if my frame was available coloured and what colours

In2 bmx

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 10:57 AM »
yeah got a robo mini frame but not the forks, the robo forks pictured are from a pro. The DB frame has been dated as 81 so would say the forks about same age. I had a go with the coke and foil method on them but like the frame they need re-chroming unfortunatly

Try get an ID on the forks very interested if you decide to sell and they will go with my frame
Well looks like our bikes might have been mixed up at birth..  Im looking to shift the DB Because ive just bought some off BMX museum last week im waiting for them to arrive from the states..  But i do have another Robbo i sold to young and he needs some forks for that so maybe we can do a swap or deal  ?  :daumenhoch:

Here is what sparky sent me
http://www.os-db.net/content.php?134-Pro-%28Large%29

Carl

dirtydozen

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 11:38 AM »
there not the exact pair with regards to age and style but at least they are DB. What kinda deal you thinking? Like i said there not in as good a condition as yours

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 06:51 PM »
is that with regards to the DB forks in2bmx has mate?

How would i find out if my frame was available coloured and what colours

Yes, the DB forks.

Here's some info relating to your Silver Streak http://www.os-db.net/content.php?140-Silver-Streak
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

dirtydozen

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Yeah found that earlier, brilliant site. Whats you opinion on in2bmx's forks going on mine

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Yeah found that earlier, brilliant site. Whats you opinion on in2bmx's forks going on mine

Well they'll fit but not model correct so I guess it depends on your preference.

dirtydozen

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 12:50 PM »
would obviously prefer correct model but just thought it would be better having a proper DB pair on the bike untill some come available. Some may never come up so would be a shame to miss out if you get what i mean

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  advise needed on 80s diamond back, presumed race

gfxgfx
gfx gfx