gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Turndown jumps, HTF do you do them???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Turndown jumps, HTF do you do them???  (Read 385 times)

firebird4130

Turndown jumps, HTF do you do them???
« on: November 24, 2009, 08:42 PM »
I've never learnt this trick but I've always admired them when done well, thought I would give them another try the other day but the same old sh1t happened. just a kind of weird dead sailor jump with bar tweak, sometimes landing on the back wheel What's the deal, I need some professional advice here, I've checked out the how 2's on youtube, but I'm hoping maybe some explaining will help(i turn the bars to the right ,ride left foot forward), cheers

Bettyswallocks

Re: Turndown jumps, HTF do you do them???
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:56 PM »
I cant do em...  :-[

But my sons getting there with em...  :daumenhoch:

I've asked him and his words of wisdom are...

I dunno... 'turn opposite way and turn your body with the bars'

He's only 13 so that in depth explanation might only make sense to other 13 yr olds... lol

teamsano

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 10:16 PM »
it feels so awkward to learn at first but is basically split into 3 motions-

1) kickout
2) straighten legs
3) pull front end up

if you can imagine combining these 3 movements into the one fluid motion it should come to you eventually.

a good way to learn is lie on your back on the floor (when no ones around obviously) with your bike and try tweaking them, remember not to pul your brake in the air so that your crank drops (cranks should be in  line with the seatube).
having taller bars gives you a bit more room to twist yourself around the bike.

have a blurry old pic of scott timmins to illustrate-

firebird4130

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 10:41 PM »
Looks like your sons pretty much there ,just the type i try to avoid learning them infront of at the skatepark  :LolLolLolLol:
Gogo, I think that helps I'll have to try it, I may have been trying the motions in the wrong order or not as one motion,
Cheers guys  :daumenhoch:

Fraz

lodge

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 04:32 PM »
A true classic bmx move. I can do them on 180 airs on quaters but struggle with them on straight jumps, great advice in sanos post.
keep us posted on your progress.  :daumenhoch:

firebird4130

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 05:19 PM »
will do mate, if I get them I'll stick a pic up, if it goes quiet you know what's happened   :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Turndown jumps, HTF do you do them???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx