gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rat look Kuwie
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rat look Kuwie  (Read 1152 times)

dink

Rat look Kuwie
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Hello all, another north west noob! Here's my beat up but much loved e.t. No plans for a resto but I do want to get it back to original so will be posting in the wanted section, cheers Dee

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Rat look Kuwie
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Welcome to RAD Dee :)

I am partial to a RAT look or survivour. :daumenhoch:

Based in the NorthWest? As you don't need to worry about scratching your Rat you should race it in the North Series Old School Series, details here: http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=30.0

James

Rodgy1970

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Welcome also, good survivor there :daumenhoch:

Where'd you come by it?

ozone

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Hello all, another north west noob! Here's my beat up but much loved e.t. No plans for a resto but I do want to get it back to original so will be posting in the wanted section, cheers Dee

Looks pretty standard apart from the pedals.  It is the lower specced model so all of those bits look right enough to me. :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Welcome to RAD Dee  :daumenhoch:

Looks a great survivor mate , was it your original bike from BITD  ???  ?

Whereabouts in the North West are you Dee ?
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

virtualmeuk

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Welcome mate, I would Freakin love an ET. Even the cheaper version just cos it reminds me of good times as a kid :daumenhoch:

dink

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm near Chester & way too old to race @ 39, there i've said it. I was 12 when the bikes were originally sold & always swore i'd get one. My first bmx was a Pirahna with cast alloy wheels, it weighed a freakin ton - are there any of them still around?? I found this in Stockport, guy was down on his luck & did not want to sell, hay ho. Made my first noob mistake, i'm looking to upgrade it to the higher spec with worn out parts in keeping with its current look. thanks again Dee

magna13

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 03:31 PM »
Welcome to the site and loving the E.T. :smitten: proper survivour! :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 10:16 PM »

Welcome mate - nice rider  ;)

If you are upgrading the pedals let me know as I could use those rat traps  :daumenhoch:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 11:30 PM »
That's a cool bike :daumenhoch:

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

splodge

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Cool bike! looking at the wheels its an ET original, looking at the stem & chainring its a replica  :-\  Interesting, if it started life as an original theres no way you'd change the stem & chainring for the ones you have there, if however it started as a replica & the owner came across the original wheels (replica had chrome ukai's) then you'd end up with exactly what you have there, same F&F anyway, either way its a cool machine!  :smitten:

Good to keep it as a survivor, unfortunately my ET from BITD was dead from me leaving it in a shed for 10 years so a total resto was needed. What you planning on doing with it, race it or hang it on a wall?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rat look Kuwie

gfxgfx
gfx gfx