gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  ***** URGENT NOTTM BROADY BANKS BEING PLOWED AS WE SPEAK****
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ***** URGENT NOTTM BROADY BANKS BEING PLOWED AS WE SPEAK****  (Read 8438 times)

LENNY-LENTINI

***** URGENT NOTTM BROADY BANKS BEING PLOWED AS WE SPEAK****
« on: November 23, 2009, 03:07 PM »
LISTEN UP MY BROTHERS.

THE FAMOUS NOTTM BROAD MARSH BANKS ARE BEING PLOWED TODAY!!!!!!!   JUST SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES!!!!!! HALF DONE ALREADY!!!!

WORKMEN HAVE STOPPED FOR TODAY. I HAVEN'T GOT CLUE WHAT TO DO?Huh?

EMAIL THE BROADMARSH CENTRE MANAGER ON     matthew.slade@westfield-uk.com   HE RECKONS HE'S NEVER SEEN ANY BMX'ERS OR SKATERS USE THE PLACE.

OR GET IN TOUCH WITH RICHARD COX ESTATES DEPARTMENT NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, WE NEED TO MOVE FAST.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:04 PM by LENNY-LENTINI »

thecaptain

Re: ***** URGENT NOTTM BROADY BANKS BEING PLOWED AS WE SPEAK****
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 03:22 PM »
what what? I was there only the other month, enjoyed that place more than most other street spots in notts. damn, seems like every good street spot is getting removed

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Nice one mate, we're getting as many as EMAIL's as possible sent to that address to stop them. please help out.

thecaptain

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Nice one mate, we're getting as many as EMAIL's as possible sent to that address to stop them. please help out.
already sent an email but if they're halfway through ploughing it seems like theres nothing we could do. Do you know if they're replacing it with anything?

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:19 PM »
Soz mate EMAIL address was wrong.

IT'S      matthew.slade@westfield-uk.com

Thanks for your support bruv

thecaptain

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Soz mate EMAIL address was wrong.

IT'S      matthew.slade@westfield-uk.com

Thanks for your support bruv
thats the same as the one above...

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 04:47 PM »
I know I corrected it in original message now

IT IS     matthew.slade@westfield-uk.com

Thanks for your support, loads of people interested. hope we can stop the work

thecaptain

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 04:53 PM »
email sent, might help if someone with footage of the place could send it through the email

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Good thinking mate, a friend of mine was filming down there couple of weeks ago. It was packed full of riders.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 05:14 PM »
WHAT???

NO FCKING WAY  >:(

I spent everyday of the 6 weeks holidays down there as a kid and thought tonight as I drove past that it would be too wet to ride there

:( DINGO :(

jonnydiezel

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 08:57 AM »
very sad, drove by there this morning but didnt notice

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 09:29 AM »
KEEP EMAILING BROTHERS

THE BANKS ARE STILL HALF THERE

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT

Beddows

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 12:25 PM »
Emailed him this morning.

The session there last night was mint considering the rain we had all day. Got some sweet pics of it last night too which should go in next months Ride mag.

Cheers

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 12:52 PM »
Emailed him this morning.

The session there last night was mint considering the rain we had all day. Got some sweet pics of it last night too which should go in next months Ride mag.

Cheers

The session last night was really good but it would be a shame to have that as the last ride there. I've sent my email and would urge everyone else to as well, even if you've never been, it is an iconic spot. I've been riding there for 9 years and others have been riding there 30+. Please help.

Cheers

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I would like to applaud everyone who wrote to Matthew, it has made a difference and a solution may well be on the table.

I have just got off the phone with Matthew and have the information on why Broadmarsh banks are being removed and what can be done as he has offered another plot of land and funding (albeit not a lot) to build a new area for riding. I was contacted as I was the only person to include my phone number. If you are interested in a new place to ride in Nottingham city centre then I am now looking for support and representative members from the local BMX community (and skaters/inliners as well if you want to pass on the information to get in touch with me) who are interested in a new place to ride.

Broadmarsh banks has been flattened to plant greenery in the area, install lights and improve the area as a thoroughfare for accessing the city and shopping centre. This was all agreed with the local residents from the surrounding streets and the recreational users were not consulted.

Be that as it may, Matthew has said there is funding and space with planning permission available for BMX and skateboard (and other) users, so we need to get organised and make ourselves heard.

4 people are required to physically represent the users and voice decisions at meetings. However support is also required in other forms, funding, letter writers, designers, consultants, anything you can think of is required, if you have a skill that you can offer or even just some time then please let me know. I'll be putting up specific requests as and when more information becomes available and I'll try and keep this thread updated as best as possible.

Please pm me for my phone number if you want to let me know of your support or if you want to help in some way or even to just find out what's happening from a real person.

Cheers all and keep up the emailing!

Thanks in advance.

Ed

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:59 PM by Dr.Robotnik »

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 05:38 PM »
By the way, I have no experience in lobbying people for this sort of thing and haven't got to speak with other riders yet, if anyone has any experience then please let me know what we are all in for. I understand many meetings and a lot of time is involved but if anyone has any does and don'ts then please let me know.

Thanks.

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 09:10 AM »
To all interested and those planning a trip for a last session, just a quick update.

There is no longer a Broadmarsh Banks as of yesterday. The last session went down Monday night until 9:30ish in the rain when the first day of demolition had concluded and the larger banks and pillar had already been removed. Yesterday the main slightly smaller bank was also removed. Today all that is left is the smallest roll in bank by the side passage walkway bit. That will be removed today I imagine.

If anyone is interested in supporting the new site they have allocated us at the other end of the Broadmarsh centre, please keep emailing Matthew Slade to register your displeasure at 30+ years of history being destroyed and also expressing the need for a new area.

Please also contact orlando@themakebmx.com who is looking for support for the new project.

All the best.

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 12:20 PM »
Hey Ed, thanks for your phone number. Will be contacting you in next few days. Don,t know what skills you need but I can offer my time and go to meetings about this travesty.

Thanks for all your support.

Len (freecoaster black 24")

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Hey Ed, thanks for your phone number. Will be contacting you in next few days. Don,t know what skills you need but I can offer my time and go to meetings about this travesty.

Thanks for all your support.

Len (freecoaster black 24")

Hi Len,

We met on the last night then at the last session, I was the last one riding, I have a dodgy moustache (it is MOvember don't you know), wearing glasses, rusty bike with red forks.

Unfortunately I don't have time to organise and coordinate the planning for the new set-up on the other side of Broadmarsh so that has been passed over to Orlando from The Make BMX and Tom O'Boyle, both Nottingham locals. Also on the skate side Simon from the Nottingham Skate Association is on board. If you can offer any support or help to the cause please contact them through Orlando's email address I posted, or if you'd like phone numbers or email addresses of anyone else involved, Matt from Westfield, the skate association, etc, just pm me as I don't feel comfortable posting that personal info on a public board. Hopefully they will take it from here and get something sorted witht he first meeting held with Matt next week.

Matt is away today but please keep emailing him with requests for a new site for riding and skating.

Any questions just contact me or any of the others I've posted about.

Cheers

Ed

P.S. @ Mark, we must coordinate our ebay efforts as I have a brick on my mantel piece gathering dust too. Haha.

Beddows

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Errr Dr.Robotnik I believe that brick is mine...

:knuppel2:

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 05:30 PM »

Hahaha, not familiar with the concept of a joke there buddy? :uglystupid2: Probably wouldn't get anything for it on ebay anyway, the postage costs would be horrendous. :2funny:

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 06:04 PM »
i was a little bit lost with Beddows posting about my "Brick"?

I tried to join in your joke about putting a brick from Broady on ebay and made a joke about a brick from Broady my house mate Beddow's brought home the other day, ignoring it was his for the sake of humour (albeit not very much humour).

He clearly thinks as I sell anything on ebay that I might have designs on his brick, when in fact I was just mucking about.

All the bricks are safe, everyone can rest easy. ::) I'll get my coat.

Good news about the newspaper article. Keep it up people.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:06 PM by Dr.Robotnik »

gobshite

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 08:48 PM »

r.i.p

thecaptain

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 08:48 AM »

that you nathan?

Beddows

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 02:35 PM »
Yep it's me.  :D

Ed get on with your work instead of posting insanely long posts on every bmx message board in cyberspace...  :rant:

These smileys are pretty rad hahah

:angrysoapbox: :4_17_5: :10_2_12: :2funny: :crazy2: :idiot2: :police: :daumenhoch: :smitten: :tickedoff: :uglystupid2: :2gunsfiring_v1: :Aresehole:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  ***** URGENT NOTTM BROADY BANKS BEING PLOWED AS WE SPEAK****

gfxgfx
gfx gfx