gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cone nut help needed - can you still buy Kink fat nuts or similar?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cone nut help needed - can you still buy Kink fat nuts or similar?  (Read 3252 times)

mamadirt

I'm running a bog standard generic rear 10mm rear wheel in 14mm slots with axle adaptors but I need larger cone nuts as the standard ones are barely supported in the frame.  I know Kink used to do 'fat nuts' but I can't find them anywhere.  Spotted these - http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=1624&cat=2&parent=1001&sid=3 but the mention of freecoasters is making me doubt whether they'd fit . . . I'm guessing my threads are more likely 26 tpi.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:

mamadirt

Re: Cone nut help needed - can you still buy Kink fat nuts or similar?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Cheers, they look like they'll do the job and at that price it's not too much of a problem if the thread is the wrong size.  :daumenhoch:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:39 PM »
I'm after something similar as I need to fit an adaptor. Billys do an adaptor that replaces the cone nut and there are also some Diamondback ones on ebay.

mamadirt

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Cheers!  Spotted the 4Jeri ones on the Billys site.  Ebay ones look similar though and are cheaper so reckon I'll go for those.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 09:01 AM »
The threaded ones seem to all be 3/8", which mioght not suit what you want.
I have tried a few things and bought some chain tensioners which have a heavy duty washer on them. If you have enough space you can fit them on the inside of the dropouts and then use the adaptors as before on the outside.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cone nut help needed - can you still buy Kink fat nuts or similar?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx