gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  83 Skyway TA for sale ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 83 Skyway TA for sale ?  (Read 14101 times)

steve Beech TA

83 Skyway TA for sale ?
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:13 PM »

Was thinking about selling her  :'(  dont realy want to but Luke realy wants a wii for xmas and i have a roof to fix, but not sure on price. what do peeps think. I allways said i would not sell my beloved TA as it was this that got me into the OS bmx thing. Its ether this or the NOS hot heart, but she is not built yet and i at least wont to do that as i have not got Meany bits left to get.  :'( :'( :'( Hopefully somthing will come up and i wont have to. but The wife's recent time of work has took its toll on us.

Got some pic's from when i first got her. she is in good shape, the chrome is excellent she has been re chromed at some point although the rear dropouts need a little attention to be 100%, just noticed there is a small dent on the top tube, but its covered by the pad so i for got about it.

What do you recon

cheers steve

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 83 Skyway TA for sale ?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:33 PM »
Keep it Steve ... lose the Hot Heart 1st  :daumenhoch:

steve Beech TA

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:49 PM »

Could do but you dont see meany, especially NOS ones, as they get made into ET's. I know its not the most prestigious of frames but i do have a soft spot for her Even the wife has said not to and she does not get this OS thing at all. but at least you do see TA's coming up so i will get another as this is only a temp set back. 

daz bmx it!

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 11:53 PM »
Do you wanna swap it for a Wii? ::)

mark 2

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:04 AM »
I'll up Daz's offer with a whole bucket full of piss and a fiver  :)

Keep the bikes and lose the boy Steve, you can get another one of them when the times right ;)

I'm only joking Steve.....  (or am I....?), hope your good

steve Beech TA

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 12:22 AM »
 ;D ;D , well Luke has been realy good at school and tried realy realy hard so its only right

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 06:14 AM »

you should sell the skyway ta easier for more money and easy to sell, the hot heart will just be a struggle and for 17 pence, is it worth the grief ?

steve Beech TA

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 06:55 AM »

But what sort of cash are they going for now days £300 :-\

martylaa

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 07:38 AM »
put it on worldwide ebay mate saw a 83 chrome skyway go for $1400 a month ago
see link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110438971041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true

p.s anyone want a nos hot heart they can have mine just don't have time to build it up got too many on the go, buy for what i paid

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 08:06 AM »

But what sort of cash are they going for now days £300 :-\

thats a minter

should piss 300 quid on ebay i would have thought?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 08:13 AM »
see link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110438971041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true

p.s anyone want a nos hot heart they can have mine just don't have time to build it up got too many on the go, buy for what i paid

PM sent regards Hot Heart  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 02:04 PM »
FFS if you don't sell the Hot Heart and keep that Pete Quad will come round and make sure you get a Wii for Xmas  >:D

Seriously though, keep the TA and sell the Wii  :angel:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

steve Beech TA

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 04:42 PM »

PM sent regards Hot Heart  :daumenhoch:

Out of chouriosity what type of hot heart have you got, mine is the cro-mo one in chrome one with original HH decals

steve Beech TA

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Meant to say before, so you recon 300 is a fair price for a 83 TA, to sell on here. Not so keen on gay bay  :daumenhoch:

If i did sell the Hot Heart i was thinking around 220 mark as its a chrome one with the original HH decals .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:48 PM by steve Beech TA »

martylaa

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 04:51 PM »
steve not been funny but if you offer it to ebay worldwide then you'll make a lot more than 300 quid, as long as you post with a tracking number you'll be covered and ok the fees might be a bit high  but i really do think you get a better price
p.s my hot heart was painted but needs a repaint

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Steve just keep which ever bike means the most to you out of the 2 rather than which is worth more cash wise.

Then you will be happy with your choice :daumenhoch:

bodamus.

steve Beech TA

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 06:11 PM »

Its more a case of wich is easier to get again on this one,

The TA is my childhood dream bike and got me back into OS bmx. Its got it all, but the main thing is you do see them come up

The NOS chrome HH is a bike that i just like, dont know why, its not got prestige or any of that but it just grabs me by the short and curlies. Dont see chrome ones very often and defo not NOS

I am beginning to think that I have got a fetish for chrome all my bikes are/ have been chrome, anyway its more to do with what i can replace again afterwards.

cheers steve :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Steve you're absolutely right , I totally agree a T/A is gonna be easier to add again to your collection

goood luck with the sale mate  :daumenhoch:

I remember seeing the NOS Hot heart down at Mr Townshend's house , it's a belter  :4_17_5:

steve Beech TA

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 06:46 PM »

Cheers mate, love her to bits wanted it ever since seeing her when i git my first one.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  83 Skyway TA for sale ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx