gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hunting for parts...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hunting for parts...  (Read 743 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Hunting for parts...
« on: November 13, 2009, 10:47 PM »
I know Pete Quad will rib the shit outta me for this but I have about 4 unfinished Haro builds as I either always miss out on parts (blue dominator bargain for example last night  :knuppel2:) or been hunting for the right parts for ages and I mean, ages.... I think one of my haro builds has been going on for about 8 months now and still can't get all the right bits and I won't settle for make-do parts  :-\ Costa is with me on this, he has the same probs that either nobody will part with the stuff or simply the parts ain't available anymore to complete the builds to a spec that you're happy with :-[ Weird thing is i've been collecting for about 7/8 years now and nothing has changed, just prices have risen loads more and importing stuff over is still the answer but even that is starting to get expensive.

At times I feel like giving up, then I ride out on my white master the bike that got me into this in the 1st place and all seems well again. This addiction is driving me nuts at times as i'm starting to get fed up with bikes in bits all around my office/house and I know the parts are out there for the right money, but then you start getting into stupid prices and bidding wars... in fact i'm doing that with a set of pedals at the moment on ebay  :idiot2:

And I know i'm not the only one like this, Costa has tons on the go and i'm sure many of you guys do too... i'd love a complete collection for MK10, but maybe its the chase and sheer frustration that's keeping me going and keeping me collecting... I dunno... must be loads of you with unfinished bikes?

I need a beer  ;D

Matt  ;)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: Hunting for parts...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 10:52 PM »
What you have now is the chase, tbh when you finish Matt, its the chase that you crave....weird aint it  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Yep, part of the fun Matt !

I had a wobble a while ago, ready to sell the lot !

Sometimes it's best to walk away for a while, have a ride and come back and it's all good again !

Get your arse to Germany with us and you will feel the love, in many ways  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:56 PM »
What you have now is the chase, tbh when you finish Matt, its the chase that you crave....weird aint it  :LolLolLolLol:

I know what you mean Paul, its that chase feeling Jon (J.T) talks about all the time, problem is its in all of us and this BMX addiction is driving us mad  ;D :LolLolLolLol:

Would love to just finish one build soon, done and dusted without costing the earth... man that would be lovely  :smitten: roll on cheap Haro vector bars  ;D

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Yep, part of the fun Matt !

I had a wobble a while ago, ready to sell the lot !

Sometimes it's best to walk away for a while, have a ride and come back and it's all good again !

Get your arse to Germany with us and you will feel the love, in many ways  :LolLolLolLol:

Am trying Nick, have told the wife about the date. PM me about your hotel and what the arrangements are and i'll do my best to be there, I don't want to miss this one  ;)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Yep - I TOLD the wife too  :LolLolLolLol:

You can't miss this one  :coolsmiley:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 12:06 AM »
The chase IS what keeps you going , for sure

and really I am an impatient git when I start a build , but really if it's gonna be a belter the 8 months you've been looking , aint that bad really , I still haven't finished fine tuning a few I've had on the go for almost 2 years and I've paid the going rate for most bits .

The bikes I have left now , I've said , that's it for old ones,, once these are finished,,,,but I can feel another one to the list being adde in the early part of next year  :crazy2:

I have to ,,,, it's what makes me buzz   :smitten:

Basically yeah , you get some bits at a nice price but most of it , if you want the best stuff  ,well unfortunately it comes at a price

thats why , I've not built a Hutch ,, yet

moanjam

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 12:19 AM »
tis the chase matt  , not been in  it as long as a lot o you lads but soon as your finished its the next one thats wetting your appitite , i've had a first this week and that was stripping one of my builds and flogging it , didn't want to but somethings gotta give ???

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 07:22 AM »

dear o dear, after seeing your build for the london ride  :shocked: i would have thought you could finish your builds after 20 minutes truffling around the nearest tip, whats the rush anyway,  i have a couple of builds on the go for a a couple of years, either cash flow or parts not coming up, aint in no rush tbh

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 07:39 AM »

dear o dear, after seeing your build for the london ride  :shocked: i would have thought you could finish your builds after 20 minutes truffling around the nearest tip, whats the rush anyway,  i have a couple of builds on the go for a a couple of years, either cash flow or parts not coming up, aint in no rush tbh

Ya sod  ;D you're right though, what's the rush? ... but would be nice to at least get one done soon  ::)

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 09:19 AM »
ah Matt - I have 3 Kuwaharas and a GT Pro missing vital bits to complete my replicas. Have you tried to find an Elina Turbo saddle for anything less than the price of a kidney?

I got so fed up and bought an OS car to tinker with to pass the time... sometimes we can get so buried in the hunt, missing bargains that we need for builds, that the joy gets sucked right out of this hobby. But I do know that I've got 4 sweet bikes that I'll be showing some love over the winter and hopefully I can lug 'em all to MK in my 80's wheels - just dunno if I'll get em all in the porker...

You got to love it tho!

STUMPYLEE

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Bit of advice Matt if you stop buy the haro F/F you may have enough cash for the other bits  ;) :LolLolLolLol:

Rulin

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 03:25 PM »
I feel your pain too :'( been looking for a head set to fit my c/c pro lite for months now with no luck have asked on here and other site's with a few leads but no luck ,i know to some of you is a nothink part and no problem but to me its starting to get to me got every think else ..ok part from 1 more tioga ramp ive looked high and low in loft where i keep finding some class bit's but NO fooking h-set . iv paid for 2 has well 'no good' people have said its deff a 1" set but im thinking its an 1"1/8 has anyone got a nos or show mounted h/set ...thanks for reading and any input :daumenhoch:

Rulin ;)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 07:29 PM »
i tottaly agree matt!!!!!!! this is driving me fooking mad ive been looking for upper oddy giro cables gt tires sr power series cranks for nearly a year and its doing my nut so much i had to get another build started just to finish it a lavender u.s made cw f/styler you mite of seen it at dans when you dropd your frame off  :2funny:  ive only got 9 builds left  :wtf:   :LolLolLolLol:  then im done

:daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Well I don't know  :wtf:  you lot are talking about, I have found everything old Skool BMX I've ever looked for  ;D

But I think the Star Bars took me the longest   :(

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 10:28 PM »

I'm still searching for an iron cross gusset blue max  :'( feels like forever now  :'(

Seen loads come and go - plenty of US sellers that wouldn't ship to the UK or wanted to ship via UPS and wanted more for shipping than for the frame  :shocked: :idiot2:
Seen others i've bid on be pulled before the end of auction - it's becoming my golden goose (no pun intended ! )

I've bought plenty of stuff I've stumbled accross whilst looking for one though  :LolLolLolLol:

But there's been plenty of things along the way that i've thought "I'll never find them" but they've always turned up eventually.

Yellow comp 2's is still another long term quest  :)

I've given up on finding a set of red mongoose winners choice snakebelly tyres though  ::) :(
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hunting for parts...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx