gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  stuck seatpost
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: stuck seatpost  (Read 479 times)

oldsnow

stuck seatpost
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:00 PM »
hi all virgin to the forum so excuse any protocol issues. ive just got myself a chrome haro master 87 with a stuck seatpost (steel on steel) anyone else had this prob ? and  how do i get it unstuck ?

ozone

Re: stuck seatpost
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:44 PM »
This trick definitely works and doesn't involve heat or special tools...

Spray a bit of release oil onto the post, hopefully it will work it's way down there (best to leave for a while).  Lie the frame on the floor, then get an old handlebar stem and clamp it to the seatpost (tight enough so it doesn't slip)  then get hold of some tubing or a set of forks and slide the tube over the stems shaft.  Once everything is tight you should be able to start working the the tube/forks back and forth until the post starts to move.  You'll probably have to stand on the frame.  Longer tubing = more leverage :D.  Once it starts to move, just keep working it back and forth or keep turning in one direction and it will work it's way out.

Give it a go - it always worked for me.  If all else fails, there's heat...

oldsnow

Re: stuck seatpost
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:58 PM »
cheers ozone i'll give it a go & hollaback !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  stuck seatpost

gfxgfx
gfx gfx