gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  gettin a freestyle bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: gettin a freestyle bike  (Read 991 times)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
gettin a freestyle bike
« on: March 16, 2006, 08:48 PM »
i was thinking of getting a freestyle bike. I allways just did tricks and stuff on a normal/race bike with a rotor and skyways. Is there any advantage to a freestyle bike? so far the one i like the most is a trickstar 1. Why has everybody got a haro or a gt?
what would you say is your hly freestyle grail of a bike and why. Still prefer race frames by a mile. Can anybody give an argument as to why you would buy a twin top tube bike as apposed to just a T/A.

john
ding dong

theRuler

Re: gettin a freestyle bike
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:07 PM »
freestyle bikes usually have a steeper head angle

good for endos (i think i have some photos somewhere . . . )
and they are often a bit stronger too. less fork tweakage

that said i ride a PK ripper as my main bike. but it seems ok for me.

why do you like the trickstar?

my holy grail of a freestyle bike is that thing that dave rom bloke has
i had one once before and they are great for flatland.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
Re: gettin a freestyle bike maybe?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:08 PM »
should have mentioned that it's not an old school bike i am looking for. There are loads of s&m, dragonfly and fly bikes here for no money all the time and loads of 90's haro's(zippo etc) and 90's ,mongooses,( hooligan, villan etc). I like the look of a trickstar but not at that money. I saw an s&m holmes for about 80 quid freame only and some pitchforks :D for 30 quid extra. The guy had a redneck stem for 15 quid that looked quite cool. Any good? I am getting sick of thrashing my webco, he's just too long it's like xxxl. I am not much of a freestyler, but i do jump on and off of everything on the street(walls steps etc) and i am not the lightest bloke on earth(or fat either ye cheeky bugger). There is no way i am riding an old school bike for fun. If i think i am gonna fall of i just bail and the bike go's for six. I don't like heavy bikes, just something good for bunny hopping and street bashing.

john
ding dong

motomagII

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 09:29 AM »
new school wise i believe if you wanna keep the cost down go for haro or wep seem to be really popular my mirra flair is tad heavy side but rides well and the 540 does too ..just my view

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 10:48 AM »
standard mid school are good all round light strong not to short

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  gettin a freestyle bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx